Endurance Onslaught 6.0
View Poll Results: Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit.
A
0 Votes / 0%
B
0 Votes / 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

oh yea im out of school today. even though i didn't go to the last day of school slept in. but yea more toribash or shit like that XD
Reposted from when I posted in the rust forums.
So I was going through youtube and saw "I Love The Whole World". Link is here for those of you who don't know it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=at_f98qOGY0

Anyways, forgive me if this is a really stupid idea, but what if we made a toribash parody? Like the Minecraft one, we write the lyrics and then record clips in toribash for all of you people who know how to make videos that match the words. Some good ol' destructive replays but also pics of the toribash forum and all that. It's pretty easy to tie in some boom shots with the lyrics "boom di adda."

This could be the first ever Singing Event, hosted by rust. You really don't need to know how to sing, we'd just record you saying a line. We go ask the most popular and well known toribashers there are to send us their recording of their lines, as well as their little bit of footage of themselves, like in the original video. Best one wins some shit. This would be a video to involve much more of the toribash community, showing off all the best gamers. Best of all, hosted by Rust. The minecraft parody of Boom Di Adda was pretty fantastic, why couldn't we do the same?

Now I'm just waiting for people to shout GAAAAY. I just think it's an original idea to advertise toribash in a new way.

Some quick example lyrics...

Gay Lyrics

Some replies...
Qubic-I am loving this vrad. Cheers to you. It would be the best event ever yo. So we'd have people submit their versions of the lyrics, and we'd collectively (as rust) pick the best ones? And then we'd have the best and most known toribashers submit replays and have them saying a line each. Then just make it into a video. Best. Idea. Ever.

To which I answered...
Essentially. The rhymes they get would be random, some will be easier than others. We could try to assign non-replay rhymes to those who are not as skilled(show off the Toribash forums and community), make it a little more original. They would have to sing their part.

We could let anyone apply, but there's a limited number of rhymes, and like the Minecraft parody I think we should try to get the most popular and well known toribashers. Namely, clan leaders, GM's and the like. Invite them to take part in the event and assign the rhymes where we can see their toris. Then in the credits, they'll be featured with their clan.

We could let entire clans make up their own section of a verse based on a theme so we don't have reaccuring lines and vote on the best. But that's a whole other idea and would focus less on individuals.

Rust would be in charge of organizing all the material sent, add the background music, vote and hand the prize. We might not even need a prize, we're basically promoting individual toribashers and clans, sort of prestige. But hey everyone likes TC.

It would be quite some work, but this would be an activity for the entire clan and really distinguish rust from the rest of Toribash.

I'd be fully willing to support and help for this event, but I am by far not well known to the rest of Toribash. I think our clan leader, Soap, should organize this event as he has had experience and can spread the message and invitations to his sexy well known toribash friends. Rust as a clan could lead though, and promote the event in all the servers.

(Worked hard on the lyrics, they even rhyme ) I'm glad you all like the idea so much!

And Pamaaj said...
Pamaaj- “I love this idea Vrad. You're fucking brilliant. Something new and really neat. Idk what we would do about prizes.

We can't just jump into this though, or it won't be half of what we want it to be. Maybe, maybe, MAYBE, if we could sweet talk some big guys up top in toribash, we might for one be able to make this an official event, much like Beta, and his event. This is a fantastic idea though, so I definitely don't want it to go to waste.

I'd also say that vrad does whatever he wants with it in the form of who with be running the event, since it was his brilliant idea. I think we could/should/will all tip in a bit to help him out, since I suppose it is indeed a Rust sponsored event. So pumped to see this work

I may try to talk to erth or who ever is responsible for the events thread etc. whose is friendly, and see about making this an official event though. This could be BIG, I just need to talk to the right people. No promises, just wishful thinking at this point. I'll try to get in touch with someone who likes the idea and could help us out.”

And I finally answered...
I like what Soap is saying, to have everyone sing the entire song and we pick the best parts.

However, the special thing about "I Love the World" and the Minecraft Parody was that it featured a great number of popular and well known scientists/gamers. I think we should do the same for this event- namely limiting the people to the event to clan leaders or popular gamers.

This might take less time than you think. It's not like everyone needs to be around at the same time. Also, we'll get to hear everyone's voice. Let's see how many crack

As for who is leading this, idk. I'm just hoping all of rust is going to jump on this and help organize. I believe Soap and Pamaaj have experience with hosting events, so if they're willing of course we're going to need a lot from them. I'll be willing to do as much as I can, and I'll run everything I do by Rust so it won't suck as much.

People like my idea wooo~

Sorry if a lot of this is useless reposts, I just took what was essential from the other forum. This event was never started as rust died beforehand. I would guess what we discussed would still apply, as the entire clan of Oblivion distinguishing itself from the rest of Toribash and promoting the game as a whole. Pamaaj can still try to make it official, and with the clans help I think I could give a shot at leading this whole show.

Thoughts on this event?

Dyrisk: Do sluts call their private parts..Public parts?
Zandėr: No, they call it "Business Assets"
Heh school isn't out for me just yet. Once it is, I'm heading to France for most of the summer to chill with a friend (who I showed Toribash, Skyrim and Tribes Ascend) and might go to Italy. I have absolutely no idea how active I'll be but it'll be awesome.

To the Oblivion members I have not met yet, I look forward to challenging you ingame- me, Zander and Pamaaj can get servers pretty funky.

And to all of you who know him, Fluny might be giving Toribash and his crappy internet another shot, his app might be in someday again. Which would be fantastic.
Dyrisk: Do sluts call their private parts..Public parts?
Zandėr: No, they call it "Business Assets"
If only i had 'nuff tc for a ground texture
Last edited by sabreon; May 24, 2013 at 09:12 AM. Reason: typoe
(Corey Taylor- when asked what he would change about the music industry) "I'd make a wish, click my heels three times, and give it a soul."
Looks good. It will be important to consider the prize, which, for this event, must be a large prize, over 100k in value at least. An event without a reasonable prize to be won, regardless of what it is, is doomed to fail.
Glad to hear it. I always liked fluny.
All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That’'s how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day.
Originally Posted by sabreon View Post
If only i had 'nuff tc for a ground texture

Hear, hear!
All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That’'s how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day.
It's a brilliant idea, it just needs to be executed so that it reaches it's maximum potential as an event.

--
Also, me and brody are holding a public oblivion server, and we may turn it to recruitment. Just a heads up.
[i]nquisition
nothing much

===Contact information:None(besides toribash)

--- Your Skype, Steam, and/or email:jgordon3144@gmail.com

--- List your alternate accounts:Fista(not used)

=== Describe yourself briefly, in one paragraph. Hello, my name is Jonathan. I live in Texas(my city will not be mention for personal protection reasons). I am 10 and I am fun and nice, but I am very smart and mature.

=== Why do you want to join Oblivion? Are there any members that you have already associated with? Are there any particular aspects of the clan that appeal to you? I have relationship with Pamaaj, I just met BRODY. I like how this clan immediately became official so I feel like that notifies me this clan to take may skill and other Toribash abilities will be increased.

=== Describe your experience with Toribash, and the forum community. Have you joined any other clans before? How often are you likely to be active in-game or on the forum? I am almost always on Toribash, I check the forum every single night and Toribash has been a great experience for me.

=== What is your favorite tertiary color? Red and Black

=== Anything else you want to say? You may include art, replays, and any other works that you've made here, be they Toribash-related or not. I have art skills, video making skills, and other things.

Fun Questions (optional, but improves your chances) How many clan wars do you have a week? Do you think your members must be good?

--- You're in a dark room with a tied up leader of Oblivion. What do you do? First I would check to clear the area to see there are no attackers. Then I would try to find a light source, and then untie the Leader.

--- What is your D&D Alignment? If you are unsure, feel free to take one of the many online tests available.

--- If you were in a room with your closest friend and family member, and the only way out is for one of you to die, who would you kill? You, your friend, or your family member? If you don't choose at all, you will all die by the lack of oxygen. I would kill myself to sacrifice my friends because there are some chances I may survive.

--- Provide an answer to this riddle:
Code:
What lies about, but doesn't have a truth to tell
What sprawls out, but doesn't have an ache to quell
Patterned, then battered, then thrown out
A ladybug

What is not all finished until it is dead
What is any color green to blue to red
Braided, then traded, then hated
Humans
You live once.You die once.Life will end some day.Those haters you see in the corner, should motivate you.
Oh, how I miss fluny. It'll be nice to see him back here if he decides to give it another shot.

Try to keep active Vrad, I'm gonna have some downtime for certain and you're the man to fill that time up. Unless of course, fluny comes back.
[i]nquisition
nothing much