Toribash
View Poll Results: What should be done to #nitro ?
Drop it.
5 Votes / 55.56%
Let it be.
3 Votes / 33.33%
What is IRC ?
1 Votes / 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Originally Posted by Valterain View Post
I'm sorry. But I have to say No. Your application was lengthy, and was written decently. But the content of the application is what matters. You came off as incredibly bias to both the clan and yourself. You, and I quote said "how can you loose from taking more skill into the clan; and skill is exactly what I am going to bring." And here's how I can lose by voting yes on your application. There'll be one more ass kissing member in the clan.
Also. For the record, I am in the clan. I'm just banned from TB.

See, and I don't understand this.

He doesn't come off as bias towards the clan in a negative way. He should be enthusiastic about joining Nitro, and he should believe that we are one of the best clans- or else, why would he apply. I know we discussed this in skype, but I want this here for everyone to read; to get anywhere in life you have to sell yourself. He's not going to say "I'm bad at Toribash and I'm going to drag you down". When he stated, "how can you lose from taking more skill into the clan; and skill is exactly what I am going to bring", he is stating that he wants to be a part of the clan, and he intends to make us stronger. Do not confuse confidence with arrogance and kissing ass. In life, a compliment every now and then will go a long way.

Not only did he include facts about his personal life, he also gave us context and background about his toribash career. I know for a fact that that is one of the more touched upon criticisms that people receive when their application is judged. The fact that this was included should be taken into account. Clearly he's read one, or all of the example applications, as he even mentions a few things that I mentioned in my application (such as the cool name etc. [which actually used to be a requirement lol]).

But yeah... maybe I've ranted a bit too much over something so trivial. He'll probably get in anyway if fly likes the app :P
-----
nvm
Last edited by SkyWhale; May 15, 2015 at 05:37 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Co-leader of Nitro | Replays
Originally Posted by Vokster View Post
Hello Nitro!

Hello Nitro, my name is Vokster, or Vok, that's what everyone else calls me. I am a black belt [1.8 QI], yes I know, you probably saw my join date and are thinking, "he's been here for two years and is only a black belt"? Well I will explain all about that in my application. I got back about 2 months ago after being away for about 8, and I decided it's time to join another clan. So after much consideration, along with trial and error, I decided Nitro is the clan for me. Note this is my first time working with a free form application so I'm expecting some...interesting reviews to say the least.

My real name for those interested, is Liam. I live in Stratford Ontario, though my ethnicity is Spanish. As of right now I am 18 years old. I am currently doing my apprenticeship for residential electrical. That being said you shouldn't expect to see me on until around 3:30 PM as that is when I finish work. My hobbies when I have the time are Biking, Paintball, Baseball and obviously, video games. I found toribash about two years ago when I was surfing youtube and found a youtuber (NerdCubed), just messing around in it. I took immediate interest and I delved into the world of flips, tricks and decapitations. My first account was named Hammertech, though I changed to Vokster because I prefer names that don't have actual words in them.

My past clans are Zone, Kira fighters, Piratez, Origin. Please note that I do not clan hop or anything. I will leave a clan if it is about to die. I didn't really voluntarily leave Origin, more so I was kicked for inactivity, which brings us back to me being gone for 8 months. I used to have a mac book pro laptop, and I guess one day it decided it was done with this world. The lithium battery in the computer expanded completely destroying the insides of the computer. That was a while ago and about 2 months ago I bought a new HP laptop. Now I am back, I polished off the rust, and I decided to join another clan, and "Nitro" seems very fitting, competitive yet fun, strategic in wars yet direct, I believe I have a place in your clan. I understand "Nitro" has maybe two spots up for grabs, but ask yourself, how can you loose from taking more skill into the clan; and skill is exactly what I am going to bring.

My best mod is Greykido (mod rank 400), but I excel greatly in any Aikido based mods. Almost every war takes place in ABD so I feel I will be of great benefit to the clan when it comes to wars. I also excel in sparring and parkour, I will add some replays to back my words and give them meaning. I will usually be seeking out a sparring partner if I am not in the public greykido server. I have had the pleasure of battling a couple of you and I would like to say I am on par with skill.

I have quite a few reasons why I would like to join "Nitro", but I will just lay down three. First reason I would like to join "Nitro is for your skill in combat. I have am always given a challenge when I battle any of you. You all display exemplary skill and I would like to add to it. My second reason being your place as a clan. You are a prestigious and powerful clan, I feel that joining your ranks would be advantageous, along with enjoyable. My third reason being your influence. "Nitro" is a very influential clan, when someone from your clan joins the game I know I am going to be given a challenge, and I play this game for the challenge. I myself have been called a skilled player so I would like to think that everyone in "Nitro" is equally or more skilled then I. This thought is thrilling and I like the idea of rising to the ranks of "Nitro". Also your name is awesome.

My Skype name is InfiniteVokster, for those who wish to add me, there you are.

Thank you for reviewing my application and I look forward to hearing your responses and hopefully joining the ranks of the clan that is "Nitro".

-Vokster

This is an example of an excellent application , I say yes
I never forget.
Application
Hi! My toribash name is madfists. I am a new toribash player, but I have a black belt. I mostly play in Mushu, but I also have experience in other mods. I have no bans, infractions, warnings, or anything listed on me, as this is my first clan. I respect any desicion you make to my application, to ban me, to blacklist, to kick off the clan, as I understand it is your clan. I expect some time in thinking to accept me, as I prepared a lot to enter a clan. If you insist, we may start a recruitment room to spar against me in any mod you would like. Thank you for your time in reading my application!!
Originally Posted by Vokster View Post
Hello Nitro!

Hello Nitro, my name is Vokster, or Vok, that's what everyone else calls me. I am a black belt [1.8 QI], yes I know, you probably saw my join date and are thinking, "he's been here for two years and is only a black belt"? Well I will explain all about that in my application. I got back about 2 months ago after being away for about 8, and I decided it's time to join another clan. So after much consideration, along with trial and error, I decided Nitro is the clan for me. Note this is my first time working with a free form application so I'm expecting some...interesting reviews to say the least.

My real name for those interested, is Liam. I live in Stratford Ontario, though my ethnicity is Spanish. As of right now I am 18 years old. I am currently doing my apprenticeship for residential electrical. That being said you shouldn't expect to see me on until around 3:30 PM as that is when I finish work. My hobbies when I have the time are Biking, Paintball, Baseball and obviously, video games. I found toribash about two years ago when I was surfing youtube and found a youtuber (NerdCubed), just messing around in it. I took immediate interest and I delved into the world of flips, tricks and decapitations. My first account was named Hammertech, though I changed to Vokster because I prefer names that don't have actual words in them.

My past clans are Zone, Kira fighters, Piratez, Origin. Please note that I do not clan hop or anything. I will leave a clan if it is about to die. I didn't really voluntarily leave Origin, more so I was kicked for inactivity, which brings us back to me being gone for 8 months. I used to have a mac book pro laptop, and I guess one day it decided it was done with this world. The lithium battery in the computer expanded completely destroying the insides of the computer. That was a while ago and about 2 months ago I bought a new HP laptop. Now I am back, I polished off the rust, and I decided to join another clan, and "Nitro" seems very fitting, competitive yet fun, strategic in wars yet direct, I believe I have a place in your clan. I understand "Nitro" has maybe two spots up for grabs, but ask yourself, how can you loose from taking more skill into the clan; and skill is exactly what I am going to bring.

My best mod is Greykido (mod rank 400), but I excel greatly in any Aikido based mods. Almost every war takes place in ABD so I feel I will be of great benefit to the clan when it comes to wars. I also excel in sparring and parkour, I will add some replays to back my words and give them meaning. I will usually be seeking out a sparring partner if I am not in the public greykido server. I have had the pleasure of battling a couple of you and I would like to say I am on par with skill.

I have quite a few reasons why I would like to join "Nitro", but I will just lay down three. First reason I would like to join "Nitro is for your skill in combat. I have am always given a challenge when I battle any of you. You all display exemplary skill and I would like to add to it. My second reason being your place as a clan. You are a prestigious and powerful clan, I feel that joining your ranks would be advantageous, along with enjoyable. My third reason being your influence. "Nitro" is a very influential clan, when someone from your clan joins the game I know I am going to be given a challenge, and I play this game for the challenge. I myself have been called a skilled player so I would like to think that everyone in "Nitro" is equally or more skilled then I. This thought is thrilling and I like the idea of rising to the ranks of "Nitro". Also your name is awesome.

My Skype name is InfiniteVokster, for those who wish to add me, there you are.

Thank you for reviewing my application and I look forward to hearing your responses and hopefully joining the ranks of the clan that is "Nitro".

-Vokster

Nice app Vok, I don't even need to look at the replays for me to decide. Yes.
"Valt, no offence but i'm better than all of nitro apart from maybe azzeff who's around the same..." -Verzox 2015
Originally Posted by madfists View Post
Hi! My toribash name is madfists. I am a new toribash player, but I have a black belt. I mostly play in Mushu, but I also have experience in other mods. I have no bans, infractions, warnings, or anything listed on me, as this is my first clan. I respect any desicion you make to my application, to ban me, to blacklist, to kick off the clan, as I understand it is your clan. I expect some time in thinking to accept me, as I prepared a lot to enter a clan. If you insist, we may start a recruitment room to spar against me in any mod you would like. Thank you for your time in reading my application!!

No...just no
Not enough reallife info+ingame info+forum info and alot more...
I never forget.
sorry madfists i would have to agree about the not enough info sorry man thats a no form me
Quote: Melon Please change your signature to anything else.

Nickname in game: MADalpha

My belt: 2nd Dan Black Belt

Modes: Aikido, Aikidobigdojo, taekkyon, judo, ninjutsu, wushu, xspar, graykido, parkours (fun), among other modes.

What is my reason for entering Clan: Due to certain problems with another clan, decide to come try to enter the Haunted, as I know that I will be loyal friends, true mates.

I like dogs and cats :3
Nitro's Replay Thread
Welcome to Nitro's
Replay Thread!
Anyone is allowed to post; which means invades are welcome as well. Unfinished works in progress are allowed as well. Please only use constructive criticism when criticizing someone else's replay.
Same rules apply here for any other replay thread.
-No flaming
-No Useless posts
-Do not spam the same replays
-Please only post if you have a replay attached
Enjoy!
Last edited by Icarus; Jun 1, 2015 at 01:36 AM.
Bring On The Thunder!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Dude, shoving a tube down your dick is absolutely preferable to getting up to pee ~Risk 2K16
no you didnt read the first post and i like gerbils so get out.
"I don't need a safety word because my mother didn't raise no quitter." ~BaraYaoi - BDSM Expert
Originally Posted by MADalpha View Post

Nickname in game: MADalpha

My belt: 2nd Dan Black Belt

Modes: Aikido, Aikidobigdojo, taekkyon, judo, ninjutsu, wushu, xspar, graykido, parkours (fun), among other modes.

What is my reason for entering Clan: Due to certain problems with another clan, decide to come try to enter the Haunted, as I know that I will be loyal friends, true mates.

I like dogs and cats :3

Did you even try to make a decent application?
Bring On The Thunder!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Dude, shoving a tube down your dick is absolutely preferable to getting up to pee ~Risk 2K16