Toribash
soz boj couldnt post i was just lurking on the index page xD anyways sure if this is all aproved and stuff i can do it umm tommarow ?
Imaparrot~!
GMs should host tourneys, right? That is the primary job of the GM.
If I ask GM for a favor to host 2 tourneys, lets say on Friday, when they can, does that have to go through some bureaucracy approval?

If I ask you this:

Imapirate, can you please host 2 tourneys, one on Friday and one on Saturday, with these rules:

- only 2 members from the same clan can participate
- there is a first, second and third prize
- name your room TW_Tourney

(You choose prizes and time of the day when you want to host it, and you tell me some time interval when you will host it, like for example from: 16 h to 18 h, or something, and in which mod it will be, so I can put that info on the event page)

And then I ask you to share information with me, who were the winners, who was first, second and third on those 2 tournaments.

Is that against some rules? Is that really needs approval?
If I'm correct GMs have some kind of quotas of how much they have host tourneys monthly. No one tells them to host, they do that when they have time and when they feel like it. So if I ask you: Are you feel like it to host one or two tomorrow, you can either say yes, or: no, better day after or something.
If you are not sure about it, then ask your boss. And if your boss says no, then tell me who is your boss and I'll speak with him directly.

In worst case scenario I'll host it myself, use my resources for prizes, and remove the info about full support from GMs and CET, since I obviously was delusional about some things said by some ppl from the GM team and CET team.

Here is the things I ask from GMs

- Give me info when you can host a tourney , date and time(so I can write that as a notice on the map)
- Use the rule that only 2 members from same clan can play on tourney {only thing that is questionable}
- Tell me names of the winners (so I can write their names in the champions table and give them 3 xp points)

You give prizes to winners from MagicSack like you always do, you choose mod (it would be good if you tell me which one you will use to give more info on event page) and you do things like you always do. Well, almost...

This is what I ask from CET team:

- Give 1 ToriClan point for the clan which member won the first prize. (if it was clan member)
[Although, points are written in special table and later, at the end of the event, distributed to clans]

This things in red are things that might need approval.

Is that too much?

I ask so little, just a bit of cooperation, I'm ready to fully invest myself into this event NOT ASKING ANYTHING IN RETURN and all I get is: No, No, NO, NO, NO... Why is that?
Please, someone, enlighten me? Isn't the main purpose of every event, (every game we make for users) to: KEEP PLAYING COMMUNITY NICE AND GROWING?

I understand that staff personnel have their duties, their hierarchy and they all have fear of someone in charge, and have to ask for everything afraid that they will lose their imaginary powers or something. I say imaginary, because when you turn off your computer that's it, show's over. And I understand that because ppl that are in position to host tourneys have their duties to perform every day, and that many of them can't be available when I need them.
That's why I'm asking for favor - when you can, when it's good time for you, or if you know some other person that can help me, give me contact, I'll get in touch with him etc...

I can't always ask Snake for everything, (although, he is the most reliable person I have ever met on this forum), cause its embarrassing to bother him for everything. And I always have to beg for something that is to benefit for this community. Am I doing something wrong? Maybe I'm trying to do too much and no-one cares for that shit. Idk.. Please tell me if I'm crazy or something, since I can't see that myself.

Even if Snake get his GM back, in any case I will need some support from at least 2 more GMs, (for different GMT span). when Snake is not available.
I can't host a tourney and then ask staff to send prizes to ppl that have won. Its inappropriate. It looks like extortion. I'll rather gave my Tc and items for that.

So, send this post to GM lair and tell me what they say about it, now that can clearly see what I ask for.

If its too much that I ask then I'll remove the Event from Clan Event page, put it here, send invitations for some clans that are in friendly relationship with [fl0w] and make it a private event. I'm sure there is ppl in this community that would be happy to play this game, even without any prizes!

Its just... I won't let this to became another fine idea murdered by ppl that are incapable to take some initiative.
And if its turn out that this is not good idea, and you ask yourself after it: ''What did I do while I was wasting time on Bojan's event?''
Answer is: ''You were HOSTING TOURNEYS which you would do ANYWAY since IT'S YOUR JOB!''
''And yes, we gave away some ToriClan points, but not hardly as much like some ppl from UniBash, when they BROKEN THE FUCKING TORICLAN PAGE with their 'generosity'!''
Last edited by 8OJ4N; Mar 28, 2012 at 09:59 AM.
I can host only one tourney today, since i'm a bit broke on tc right now. No clue about getting gm powers yet.
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15
There is no tourney today, but in Friday-Saturday, I spoke with imapirate on IRC.
And snake if it would come to that, I have some low itemz there are no TC prizes on tourneys anyway.
I hope not.
-----
Anyway if they got problems with that we can just add GM letters on the banner if that shit is principal. lel
Last edited by snake; Mar 28, 2012 at 02:04 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15
Originally Posted by 8OJ4N View Post
''And yes, we gave away some ToriClan points, but not hardly as much like some ppl from UniBash, when they BROKEN THE FUCKING TORICLAN PAGE with their 'generosity'!''

What's this story ? (I'm never aware about those stuffs ;p)