Toribash
Gotta admit, steam sales are pretty nice. I also geniunely like humblebundle. Really nice concept and I grabbed quite a few of their bundles/games in the shop in the last few months.

Never heard of CDProjekt, what do they do?
Originally Posted by Nobuddie View Post
Let's start a discussion here you inactive addicts:

what do you think of DRM? or better, what's your opinion on steam and the likes? I hate what the gaming industry has become in recent years, day 1 DLC, day 1 patches, no proper game testing, crappy or no support in most cases after only 1 or 2 years, shitty console ports, overpriced bullshit, shortcuts, casualisation and everything.

period. Seriously, 100% of truth
And Steam is ok. I like the Idea to use an account to play all your games anywhere. But like all big publishers do come with their own stuff, like Ubisofts Uplay or Origin for Battlefield. It's so fucking annoying since they all start at zero and force you to use it. Origin is fucking crap, alike Uplay.

And all gamers who play since years can see the greed of the industry, who don't give any fuck of the quality. Seldom that a game works from the beginning and even more seldom that it get's close to perfect working fixed.

There's a good point why I play old games, still have a PS3 and kind of 'test' games before I buy them (never for full price, except they are perfect like GTA 5)
ก้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้
1. Ubisoft is fucking cancer.

2. The worst thing about steam is that you don't own the games. They can flat out delete your account, not refund anything or shit. That's what I dislike about it.

[re] | #Polska
qui hic minxerit aut cacaverit, habeat deos superos et inferos iratos
I think it's saddening how, due to convenience, we only rely on downloads and stuff like that. I mean yeah, a dvd or blu-ray is more expensive, and you need to physically put it. But it just sort of adds to the appeal. Back in the day, installing some RTS game, going through the booklet while installing ,reading up on all the units, tips and tricks, stuff like that. tough campaigns, where it took you days to complete the later missions but it was so worth it. the worst thing was MW2; you insert the dvd (there were 2, even. iirc), and it still downloads the entire game. fucking bullshit.

also, I hate how everyone is a crybaby and you get reported for being a good player. and everyone gets a pat on the shoulder, even if they did fuck-all in the match, kind of like telling someone who flunked an exam "yeah, it was tough after all, competition is hard. you'll pass, sorry about the inconvenience."
I managed to sell my Guild Wars 2 account.
If I ever say that I'm going to buy any MMORPG please come to my house and burn all my moneys. It will be better use.
derp
Nobuddie you should post the list you made on IRC and keep us updated on your progress.
We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
Agreed. I will MAYBE start finishing games from my steam library, especially since I've bought that fucking 2kbundle and it will soon suffer from being so bloated that I won't even feel like touching it. Fucking backlogs.

I've got arcanum installed now, but I can't touch it. I don't feel like it :F Last game I played was witcher 2, which I replayed again due to w3 coming out sometime this century.

[re] | #Polska
qui hic minxerit aut cacaverit, habeat deos superos et inferos iratos
Will do tomorrow.

I never really got the appeal of mmorpgs. I just could not find a single instance in which I liked them, and I tried and viewed lots over the years. just not my genre. it's similar with mobas. I like them, but I cannot play them for more than 2-3 weeks and then I need a break, they just bore me after that. not enough substance.

Edit because JtanK ninja: I cannot understand how you guys can buy games and not play/finish them at all. I would never buy a game for the sake of a sale only. and if I bought it because it was interesting, I'd make sure to play it right away. I don't know. I'm definitely someone who would buy loads of games, to have them all in the library and whatnot, and I enjoy getting achievements, but I can't wrap my head around buying games and then not really playing them.
Last edited by Nobuddie; Jul 14, 2014 at 11:21 PM. Reason: ninja'd
That's the point where I don't buy games anymore. Maybe if they are really good like GTa5. All the releases in the last year's made me loose trust in new titles.

I will buy again if they start focus on the game again, not on how to get money on DLC's etc
ก้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้