Toribash
Why are manslayers more viable? Isn't whip faster and with more range?
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
So, I totally didnt make the game harder without knowing it then get pissed and stop playing.....nope. So now I shall start my dark souls 2 quest back up.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The whip has slow arcing motions and pretty easy to dodge.

The Manslayer will destroy your poise and the thrust is just broken because it reaches further than it actually does, making it a hassle to dodge.
But the whip is faster than the manslayer, if you say it's easier to dodge doesn't that mean manslayer is even easier?

Even dual heavy spotted whip hits before manslayer's normal right? Whips don't have much arc but that's about all I can think of for manslayer's plus side.
They are fast but you can see it telegraphed and when you get hit you're not as fucked up, I fought many of them and still am with the DlCs they are fun fight but there isnt much of a penalty of getting hit other than PSN while Manslayer will destroy your poise even if your a Havel Cleric, I just have a Quality build and I personally use the Havel shield as a primary weapon a rare sight an the quartz longsword because it's fast as fuck and long with a good attack so BS bullshitters can't do that shit

Edit it's not about who hits first it's all about timing as shown through Pro Ultra Sword Fat Roller Players, I still get Rekd even though in theory I do have the upper hand with a poise wrecking sword and skull crushing shield as well as a Avelon Longbow which they recently fixed the aiming because it was OP at any range even point blank.
Last edited by T0ribush; Oct 17, 2014 at 03:04 AM.
why do you need to sacrifice ability to parry for block and heavy roll?...

pvp parry is way easiler than in ds1
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15
Status effects are terrible in pvp is why they are bad, if you are saying manslayer is better because of poise and phys then there are better weapons out there.

" Pro Ultra Sword Fat Roller Players "
Is this a thing? What has the meta come to...

Last I played was just comboing to kill people getting maybe 90% win so long as they don't use magic barrier/silence then it's 50/50. Eventually everyone had silence and it just ruined the game. That and the lag LOL
So, I have found my problem with dark souls II. I suck at it. I for some reason just cant play it. It is easier then dark souls one yet I die more.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The timings are all different mate, you just need to get used to it. And spec some adaptability too!
Yea I've got that. The problem I'm having is they are making the seem more difficult by just adding more enemies, seems like ever corner I tern there are a group of 5 guys+. Does this get better further on or is this a constant thing?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]