15 Votes / 68.18%
Screw you, gangsters... I'm exploiting here
2 Votes / 9.09%
I like pie.
5 Votes / 22.73%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

hehe

This would vary a lot since we all have our ways of judging.

Many judge by the skill required, others by outcome, and some more through the time it would take for the style.

So if Hypothetical Artist A were to submit a set quickly made using linetool and filters, Hypothetical Artist B, who may know how he made it would say 100k, while Hypothetical Artict C could be judging on effect and deem it to be work 450k.

So the question for me is, how would this be judged?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
I would say:

1) How good it looks
2) How easy it is to modify (change colours etc)
3) How polished the set is (Eg, maybe non symmetrical, extra attention has been paid to make it more detailed, etc)
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
Originally Posted by DarkJak View Post
hehe

This would vary a lot since we all have our ways of judging.

Many judge by the skill required, others by outcome, and some more through the time it would take for the style.

So if Hypothetical Artist A were to submit a set quickly made using linetool and filters, Hypothetical Artist B, who may know how he made it would say 100k, while Hypothetical Artict C could be judging on effect and deem it to be work 450k.

So the question for me is, how would this be judged?

I don't know why people get so hung up on the method. Tools are made to make our lives easier, so why should be refrain using them? If I use the line tool, clone stamping, and a few filters to create the best head you've ever seen, it's still the best head you've ever seen, even if I didn't spend 100 hours drawing it using my earlobes.

Generally, copy-paste is worth next to nothing, but if executed well, you might not be able to tell... and if that's the case, it should be worth more!

...in my humble but entirely correct opinion... ;)
Originally Posted by Novitech View Post
I don't know why people get so hung up on the method. Tools are made to make our lives easier, so why should be refrain using them? If I use the line tool, clone stamping, and a few filters to create the best head you've ever seen, it's still the best head you've ever seen, even if I didn't spend 100 hours drawing it using my earlobes.

Generally, copy-paste is worth next to nothing, but if executed well, you might not be able to tell... and if that's the case, it should be worth more!

...in my humble but entirely correct opinion... ;)

^
QFT, wut.

Anyways, I like the idea. We should probably run it as a separate shop (prices? free?), due to the new "no non-buying comments" rule. Which I need to start enforcing more.

"i wish i could do that ken watanabe face where his eyes are really wide" -siku 2015
DONSELUKE, MASTER OF LAWSUIT
if you love america please sign this petition
B&B&B&