Toribash
it could go both ways though,as the new players evolved the old moves
and made them better,the old players with the extra experience would
do the same,evolve the new moves etc.

its not like the old players cant evolve,basically anyone who understands
the gameplay can do that.
We are comparing players in their prime now to players in their prime back then, not how if people in their prime back then still played today.

Look at Shmevin, he's been one of the top duelers for a few years now, used to go toe to toe with Kristis and Tman both in their prime
He's been playing pretty much non stop since then, so his skills should of evolved right?
Diamond could 3-0 him easily in ABD, Rk-mma, and Lenshu.
Originally Posted by cowmeat View Post
Well the thing really isn't about the individual skill of players. The playstyle (meta) in each mod has changed. I only know stuff about TK, so I'll take that as an example. Tk 3 years ago was very different thank TK nowadays.
The old-school style of TK (aka one hand forward 2 turnkick) would get destroyed by an easy defensive style. Mods change when people find out new/better ways to play them.
Duelers nowadays would win old-school duelers because they play the mods better.

Simple as that imho.

What beef is saying is on point. Even if Old Schoolers were more creative and thus hit a higher skill ceiling, they didn't play in the "do whatever it takes to win" meta that new duelers are familiar with. The meta heavily favors new duelers. I say that as someone who's dueled in both eras.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
Originally Posted by iTemp View Post
he still gets bodied by me and other duelers

You get bodied by staff in duels.

Anyways, I think oldschool duelers would have a decent chance if they actually played a bit before hand. If they just came back to duel someone who has been playing frequently, they're more likely to lose.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[SmallBowl] [fallu] [Moop] [Parrot] [SkulFuk] [Icky] [Sassy]
[Ex-MSquad]
Need help with any market related questions? Feel free to PM ME. <Powas> I've got a degree in 1001 techniques of masturbation
Simple answer,
Duelers of now of course, For few reasons.
Toribash was created in 2006, which means.. If you talk about duelers of 2010, They only have the experience of 4 years, While the new ones have the experience of 6 years, That's a thing.
Also the game gets harder by the time I believe, because as the people get older, their skill increases, I know bunch of people who play since 2011,2012... etc, which means their skill is good enough.
Last edited by ToriMecha; Jun 24, 2016 at 09:34 PM.