Toribash
Originally Posted by pusga View Post
bots made to advertise. i thought we had a pretty efficient measure to prevent those though?

there is/used to be a qi restriction
but i guess the restriction is only for boards other than beginner sanctuary and support
or then they got rid of the whole restriction
but since the spambots are only posting in support and beginner sanctuary
and new players might be expriencing bugs that make it impossible for them to play the game, it makes sense they would allow people without qi to post on support and beginner sanctuary

but adding a qi restriction everywhere would get rid of the bots since they all have 0 qi
don't know why they haven't done that yet
8===D
Originally Posted by fallu View Post
but i guess the restriction is only for boards other than beginner sanctuary and support
and new players might be expriencing bugs that make it impossible for them to play the game, it makes sense they would allow people without qi to post on support and beginner sanctuary

but adding a qi restriction everywhere would get rid of the bots since they all have 0 qi

i forgot to tell you guys that the staff made qi restrictions in 2012 when the bots appeared . i forgot to say this so yea they made qi restrictions.
Originally Posted by duck View Post
Meh, the bots almost always come in bursts.

the bots was inside the forums already. because the forums is built from bots ofc and nothing is made w/o the bots except the boards
Originally Posted by fallu View Post

Yea this is correct. We still have the restrictions but just not on BS and Supp boards.
Our reasoning is that if a player wants to play and is having troubles from the get go then they need to be able to get support - and managing spam in two specific places is muuuuuuuch easier than the whole forum.

As to why they suddenly popped up again? We don't really know - could be all sorts of reasons so no point speculating.
Originally Posted by Solax View Post
Yea this is correct. We still have the restrictions but just not on BS and Supp boards.
Our reasoning is that if a player wants to play and is having troubles from the get go then they need to be able to get support - and managing spam in two specific places is muuuuuuuch easier than the whole forum.

As to why they suddenly popped up again? We don't really know - could be all sorts of reasons so no point speculating.

Just wondering: why not put a QI restriction of 1 QI in beginner sanctuary and support? It wouldn't be a problem for new players, everyone has at least played 1 game (or the 99,99% of players). This would just slow down spam bots, because they have to go ingame and play once before starting to spam.
Originally Posted by WeppetKo View Post
Just wondering: why not put a QI restriction of 1 QI in beginner sanctuary and support? It wouldn't be a problem for new players, everyone has at least played 1 game (or the 99,99% of players). This would just slow down spam bots, because they have to go ingame and play once before starting to spam.

What if they have trouble installing or running the game?
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
Originally Posted by ImmortalPig View Post
What if they have trouble installing or running the game?

Uhm, maybe, when they try to post their issue, could appear a message that gives you the link to PM an active admin or GM. I don't know if PMs have a QI restriction.
Originally Posted by Melqart View Post
Maybe an email confirmation before being allowed to post could work

toribash already scares people away because it's hard, no point adding further things to do before being able to do stuff

The spam bots are so rare and don't do any real harm that it's better to just clean them up in the 2 areas we need everyone to be able to post without exception
She/They

Yeah, I only don't like erthtkv2 because of the mod's name. Make it "tkv2," and the mod will instantly become more popular. This is a valid reason as the name of the mod is still an important feature that no one seems to have yet discussed.