18 Votes / 2.59%
God
10 Votes / 1.44%
bees
666 Votes / 95.97%
Voters: 694. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Originally Posted by Twilight View Post
I would have to say... most people on the internet generally aren't very religious

It's hard to hand wave the internet away as 'the power of God', so most religious folk ignore it.

Originally Posted by Twilight View Post
What is your take on the whole creation vs. evolution?

No such debate exists.

And I'll tell you what, when these ass-backwards creationists get an infection, they take modern antibiotics without a second thought.

IMO all creationists should be treated with penicillin only.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
I prefer living life feeling that I was put here for a reason. If we weren't, that means that every last one of you, even Hobo, was a total accident. How can we find our purpose in life if there is no purpose?
Feed the birds, tuppence a bag, tuppence tuppence tuppence a baaaggg
My Avvy/Sig shop
Well, there are people who would argue that god does not exclude science. Not like you can claim science for yourself entirely.
Show some respect, even if you disagree with the opposition.
The Ken Ham vs Bill Nye debate was a very good example for that. Both treated each other fairly.

Anyway, I agree with the theory of evolution and don't think that creationism is a valid model that should be further investigated as it has been disproven many times.
I won't tick an option at the top because god does not necessarily contradict science.

Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
I prefer living life feeling that I was put here for a reason. If we weren't, that means that every last one of you, even Hobo, was a total accident. How can we find our purpose in life if there is no purpose?

Why does there need to be an objective purpose? Use your imagination and think of a purpose yourself. ;o
You should view at the universe from a more logical perspective. The universe does not care if you are happy with the way things are, neither does it care if you find a purpose in existence. Treat it accordingly.

That does not mean that you should not be religious. All I am saying is that you should not extrapolate your religion and use it on anything ever. Use it with caution and not as universal explanation for things that have yet to be discovered.
Last edited by Redundant; Feb 7, 2014 at 02:08 PM.
How are you?

have you ever considered that maybe there isn't a purpose for us to find? that maybe we live without meaning?
so far, the only purpose I see in store for us is death.
~
I mean, you can believe in what makes you feel comfortable. don't let me derail you from your train of impending happiness and whatnot.
Last edited by MintCat; Feb 7, 2014 at 02:15 PM.
I think this is cool.

“I don't argue things being spiritual vs scientific, because I've never met anyone who knows enough about either to be convincing.”
― S. Kelley Harrell

Obviously I'm not level with this dude but its a very good point.
My Avvy/Sig shop
“I don't argue things being spiritual vs scientific, because I've never met anyone who knows enough about either to be convincing.”
― S. Kelley Harrell

That's a point of ignorance. One should be open to conversations and evidence. One who is not willing to change his mind is of little intellectual value
Also, S. Kelley Harrell is a female who calls herself a modern shaman. I'd say she is a nutjob. xd
Last edited by Redundant; Feb 7, 2014 at 02:32 PM.
How are you?
I know nothing about the woman :') it is a fair point though no matter how crazy she is. Noone knows anything, is what I'm saying. Arguing and conversing tends to spur some pretty epic debates IMO, but no matter what, it's all very speculative and is gonna stay that way forever. There'll be no point in time where it'll be an undisputed fact that the universe was created by accident. Ever. It can never be proven, neither can God :/

If the bible's right though, apparently there will be a day when everyone will know God's real, but again, very speculative. There's no point in saying I'm right. Or wrong for that matter :')
My Avvy/Sig shop
I feel religion was created in order to keep more peace, and then because humans are stupid and need to find answers for things they dont know, they kept on to the thought.

Great example would be Greek mythology. "We dont know how fire works! It must be a god" or something along those lines.

Also why is this focused on Christianity? Christians are one of the most over rated and pushy religions that I can think of. There are so many more that just seem better.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by Natejas View Post
Bill Nye vs Ken Ham was a good debate
Bill Nye all the way
(I thought he was dead but ye)
SCIENCE

Wasn't really a debate, they didn't even answer each others questions.
[TPO][OSG][ARA][Zero]
"and I have tons of friends" Deakster/Dickmaniac/Deak