Ranking
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Original Post
Loadout

So some of you might have looked on Steam recently and saw this new F2P that was released called Loadout. And you might have thought, well, absolutely nothing and passed right over it.

Well, turn the fuck around and look at it damnit. Fair warning, gratuitous violence and mind-blowing debauchery will be what you see.

Loadout is a TPS (Third Person Shooter) that feels and plays very much like a mix between TF2 and old FPS games like Quake and UT. Not very impressive sounding, I know, but that's not the selling point. What makes it stand out is two things.

One, all weapons you use are designed by you. You choose the base weapon type from 4 types: Launcher, Beam, Rifle, and Pulse. From there, you modify the gun with sights, barrels, magazines, stocks, and triggers. And from there, you further modify the payload that each gun delivers: slug, pyro, tesla, healing, and The Juice. And some of the weapon types have even more customization options unique to them. Of course, some of these combinations are absolute shit, but the fun is in finding the right weapon combo that works for you. And that's just your first gun. You get to carry two of your bad boys into battle. So there's a lot of customization options available. And absolutely every modification is unlocked through playing the game. No pay2win bullshit, just play2win. Sooner you get into the game, the less time you have to spend in scrub mode against people who've logged 70+ hours (mother of god it's annoying fighting a level 19 rocket launcher). You can also name your guns, and if you're top of your team when you win it will show it to everybody in all of it's glory.

Here's a video that explains weaponcrafting much better than I can, and shows you how the game looks like:

Which brings me to the second point: the game is fucking batshit insane. As it was appropriately described in one review, the game is "like Looney Toons directed by Quentin Tarantino." With all the cartoon explosions, fire, bullets, and grenades flying everywhere, it'd be hard to believe you'd notice anything other than the danger around you. No, you will notice the characters, that's for sure. There's 3 base character templates: Axl, T-Bone, and Helga. I typically just remember them as Weird Al Rambo, Kidney Failure Black Man, and Fat Twerking Woman, because that's exactly what they look like. Already sounds pretty insane right? Well it gets even weirder, and way harder for me to explain, so here's a trailer made by RoosterTeeth for the launch that shows what I can't explain:

Unfortunately, character customization requires real money, but you "can" (a.k.a. get extremely lucky) unlock them via daily bonus chests. And the base characters are already pretty great.

Do I need to say anything more? Hopefully not. Shameless plug though, here's a referral link so I can get an icon and maybe play with you for bonus XP for both of us. BROCODE: http://www.loadout.com/account/create/?bro=93432

People who Play - Ingame Name - Server

Oracle - AinsleyHarriott - US
Holotor - Phirzen -
EJM - EJM - EU
Last edited by Oracle; Feb 5, 2014 at 04:45 PM.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games