Toribash
Originally Posted by Trocher3 View Post
Supported.
I mean come on , some question thread ( not very useless question though) always getting closed
Moderator u wot m8

could you provide some evidence supporting this?
Originally Posted by MintCat View Post
could you provide some evidence supporting this?

A lot are staying open now days, but a lot get closed too. Actually that rule barely being enforced now days, so I think even the local mods don't think it's a good rule.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
supported only to an extent
there's some really stupid threads in there also

but still, tp will always win
don't talk to me or my dudes ever again
1. Threads that don't have any particular discussion value can be posted here.

No, Off-topic should not become synonymous with wibbles. If you want absolute freedom of being able to post meaningless things and don't get moderated, get toriprime and use the toriprime board. Off-topic does not need to be any more lenient about moderation than it already is.

As for the rules, the rules which overlap with general forum rules do not hurt anyone, and there is nothing wrong with putting special emphasis on prohibition of adult and warez discussion.

Off-topic is for casual discussion, people. Here is an example of a good Off-topic thread: http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=442552

That is all.
Originally Posted by Hero View Post
No, Off-topic should not become synonymous with wibbles. If you want absolute freedom of being able to post meaningless things and don't get moderated, get toriprime and use the toriprime board. Off-topic does not need to be any more lenient about moderation than it already is.

As for the rules, the rules which overlap with general forum rules do not hurt anyone, and there is nothing wrong with putting special emphasis on prohibition of adult and warez discussion.

Off-topic is for casual discussion, people. Here is an example of a good Off-topic thread: http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=442552

That is all.

Well strictly speaking that thread doesn't follow Off-Topic's description or box's definitions of what useless is.

Wibbles had less restrictions than that though lol, so it's not a synonym. And the idea that you can post whatever you want in TP is wrong anyway. You don't actually have a valid argument at all, or well, any argument... Not sure if you know what lenient means, but leniency would be retaining the same rules and being more forgiving of users who break them.

I don't know why you think it's a good idea to have the same rule listed 3 times, it just shows that whoever made the rules probably didn't read the global and forum rules...
Originally Posted by JellyNinja View Post
If people actually read the rules, stickies or just throw an eye on one of any other open threads they might just know how a decent thread could look like.

thats assuming people actually read the rules, stickies or use their eyes.
my experience is that people dont do any of those.

if a rule isnt written down, the rules are abused.

Originally Posted by ImmortalPig View Post
So your answer to people not reading the rules is to add more rules?

same rules, better guidelines.

just because people dont read them, doesnt mean they shouldnt be there.
you cant slap those who abuse the rules, or absence thereof, in the face with infractions or bans if the rules arent there for people to read.

just reword them and simplify them.
-spam isnt tolerated.
-useless posts arent tolerated.
-Off topic is a board for light hearted discussions.
-Off topic is not discussion, discussions belong in the discussion board.
-Off topic is not rapid threads, questions belong in the rapid threads board.
-Off topic is not Wibbles, shit threads will be set on fire.
-dont be tools, respect your fellow users.

creates breathing room for the mods to work, while letting people know what they shouldnt be doing.
So long as the moderators are consistant in their moderation, all should be good.
Last edited by BenDover; Jan 29, 2014 at 02:13 PM.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Originally Posted by BenDover View Post
you cant slap those who abuse the rules, or absence thereof, in the face with infractions or bans if the rules arent there for people to read.

You can because you don't need a reason to infract someone...
Originally Posted by BenDover View Post
just reword them and simplify them.
-spam isnt tolerated.
-useless posts arent tolerated.
-Off topic is a board for light hearted discussions.
-Off topic is not discussion, discussions belong in the discussion board.
-Off topic is not rapid threads, questions belong in the rapid threads board.
-Off topic is not Wibbles, shit threads will be set on fire.
-dont be tools, respect your fellow users.

creates breathing room for the mods to work, while letting people know what they shouldnt be doing.
So long as the moderators are consistant in their moderation, all should be good.

I disagree with that because the 4 "off topic is not" are inherent rules, and wibbles hasn't existed for 2 years. The final rule is in global AND forum rules, and why shouldn't threads without discussion content be allowed? They don't do any harm and many people enjoy them.
wibbles hasn't existed for 2 years.

*points at the Prime & VIP boards*
Shitpost central is that way, paid-wibbles if you want to put it that way.

Offtopic has rules to stop it turning into a shithole, if people want to make crappy threads & posts then they pay for the privilege and do it in the designated place.

I can translate the rules into what was being thought when they were added:

Rule A translation - Shit threads don't belong here, shitposts don't belong here. This isn't wibbles. This isn't 4chan. This isn't any other such place.
Rule B translation - Chitchat belongs in clan boards, orgs, prime/vip boards, IRC, social groups etc. Not here.
Rule C translation - Rule A appears to confuse you all so we'll make it simpler: Don't make shit threads/posts.
Rule D translation - Seems you people still don't quite grasp rule A, DON'T SHITPOST.
Rule E translation - Starting to look like things need put in the simplest terms for people to understand rule A... QUIT FUCKING SHITPOSTING YOU MONGS.
Rule F translation - General global rule here, reminder to not do it in this board. OFC if we didn't have this people would think it was acceptable, because derp.
Rule G translation - Another general rule, but seems people need to be told it yet again just incase they think it's OK in a place it isn't mentioned.

To be fair we're no where near as harsh here as we should be, unless it involves people making utter crap in the board. Crap belongs in the pay-to-turd boards. Give hampa all your monies.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Because it doesn't work very well. Half the threads here are closed. Not to mention all the content that was never posted.

Just because something works doesn't mean it can't work better.

I support this on general principle but im not clear on what you are taking issue with exactly. Over emphasizing the rules was meant to make it clear that off topic isnt wibbles, which it definitely isnt. So id say that they work fairly well as is. Saying that, the arbitrary nature of common sense and the mods choice of interpretation of the rules plays a big part in the determination of what can be called discussable material (I.E not shit posts) So is that your beef? Do you want a clearly defined line on what can be discussed as per lettering of the rules or what?