Ranking
Originally Posted by EJM View Post
Could you please elaborate on what you want to discuss in this thread other than "I got x out of y on this test"?

Well I wanted discussions more or less what you are worried about when it comes to exams, how your exams went, if you were nervous or not etc.

Thats at least what I expected
I hate exams and I have a lot coming up that's why I will just bury my head under my blankets and go back to bed.
I got 86% on my math exam beat that bishes :3
Matarika|Mobinladen|Youngsandm|Darknis|2WC|Sidtheepic|
"Brains are like computers but squishy and very watery :3'' ~D
Originally Posted by MrDevilMan View Post

99%

pls

Silly spelling mistake made me lose a point.
How are you?
Originally Posted by MrDevilMan View Post

Originally Posted by Redundant View Post
99%

pls

Silly spelling mistake made me lose a point.

Pls

Anyway, let's try to get a discussion up. Exams to me are just an opportunity to round up everything I studied for in the past, for some reason, everyone around me goes stressed, even the ones that are pretty well prepared, I don't see myself doing that. Anyone else share the feeling?
<&Erth> fagm <&Erth> duck <&Erth> *fuck
Fagm duck fuck everyone.

Pls

Anyway, let's try to get a discussion up. Exams to me are just an opportunity to round up everything I studied for in the past, for some reason, everyone around me goes stressed, even the ones that are pretty well prepared, I don't see myself doing that. Anyone else share the feeling?

Partly. In the sense that I don't stress over exams, I usually don't prepare all that well though, despite the fact I did pretty well in grammar school, or whatever you call it over there. I usually hit above average marks, and even do better than some of my most prepared classmates. I guess I just have a pretty decent memory, which makes me contemplate what I'd be capable of if I actually studied. Seems like a waste, but I struggle to pick up books, I always look for something somewhere to blame for distracting me.
Last edited by Wicked; Jan 25, 2014 at 01:14 AM.
Most exams i stress waaaaaaaaay too much about, even though i've only ever failed one exam, and that was because i was reaching stress breaking point. Besides that, i find them unimaginably boring for the most part, although that's mostly the preparations, which is partly why i end up becoming so stressed. The other reason? I worry too much about most things.

And exactly when does stressing too much about exams become a legitimate long-term issue? When you have four rounds of up to three exams per year, with the only real break being at summer. The stress piles up, and you don't get a chance to recuperate properly. In the end, the relentless exams, papers and general expectations began driving me towards depression, and that's when i knew i had to take a break. I'd frankly be happy if i didn't ever have to go to an exam again.
<Blam|Homework> oiubt veubg
various places to find me lol

Exams piss me off because there is no room for discussion, for example this year a question was;
What does pthread_cond_wait do in one atomic instruction?

Now I can see what he is fishing for, he wants me to answer that mutex is unlocked and the thread blocks on cond. However pthread_cond_wait actually performs two sections atomically, first it does the above, and after being unblocked the mutex is locked and the function returns. Grammatically the question implies there is only 1 atomic section and that it is a single atomic instruction. It's just not the case. Now imagine a whole exam written with that kind of broken English.

Worse still is that the lecturer contested my grammar because I had said ', then when unblocking' which to him suggested that I was saying the entire operation is executed atomically, rather than separating the two atomic sections.

It pisses me off because it's really just a luck of the draw. There's no chance to explain or correct any misinterpretations. Hell if they just misread your answer you could get 0, so even having perfect answers doesn't help a bit. And then there's "we don't normalize and we don't remark and we don't offer sups"
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
95% because of a silly little mistake in math I did :O
Matarika|Mobinladen|Youngsandm|Darknis|2WC|Sidtheepic|
"Brains are like computers but squishy and very watery :3'' ~D
I get high grades even though I fail some exams ;o
Just pass everything required, get high grades in quizzes etc...

I usually get serious when I have exams...
I goof off nowadays
Last edited by Karstnator; Jan 25, 2014 at 05:32 AM.