Toribash
I have a Bamboo, it's quite fine, although you may have to get used to the comparatively small drawing area, which is aboooout the same size as an open medium-sized hand with fingers pressed up against each other. There's just one thing you should be aware of, however; if you're like me and do fairly quick strokes next to each other, it might interpret those strokes as double-clicks:

It's ridiculously hard to get rid of that, but it is possible to mitigate it a lot. If you can get a tablet for a similar or slightly higher price that DOESN'T do this, however, you're pretty much set. Or maybe your computer doesn't do this, since it doesn't seem to be a consistent issue. Either way, besides that little kink, it works nicely.
<Blam|Homework> oiubt veubg
various places to find me lol
Okay, thanks for your replys ! I think i will look around for a second hand tablet or i just go with the Bamboo, like Pig said. Also thank you Shook for showing me ... i hope the size isn't tooooo small. I read somewhere the tablet itself is like a normal white paper, but the action area is a bit smaller.
Yeah, the Bamboo i have is around the size of an A4, perhaps a bit smaller. Note, however, that the drawing area is smaller than the tablet itself. It's generally listed as being 14,7 x 9,2 cm, but you can see it on the image here:

The encircled markings are the corners of the area, the pen is as big as a normal pen. The area is a bit on the small side, but is still entirely possible to work with, and is MUCH easier than a mouse once you get used to it. Honestly, if it's the only tablet you have (i have two in use, the Bamboo and an Aiptek thing, the latter having maybe twice as large dimensions for the drawing area, which makes transitions between the two a bit funky), then i don't think the size will be that much of a problem.

tl;dr the Bamboo is not the BEST tablet but it's absolutely fine for the purpose if you can't find anything better
I have a 3x5 bargain bin tablet. Not the biggest, but then I draw small.

To be fair though, I've been using my Nexus 7 recently as a tablet and before that, an iPad2. Stylus? I use a moist Q-tip jammed inside the barrel of a metal pen.
Tablet is a tricky tool to use. It can't extend your abilities if you have none. Some talent for drawing is needed and even ppl that are good with traditional art tools struggle some time using the tablet. (like Bendover said)

I suggest for your first buy to be something that is not for professional use, cheap and small, so you get acquainted with the tool. Some of the Genius tablets would suffice because they give enough options for small price.
Forget Wacom for now. Too expensive, and you don't want to buy a nice, big, expensive coffee cup holder. XD

When I bought my first tablet I was sure that 'transfer' to new medium will be easy. I've rushed and bought a tablet that was in the 'almost pro' segment. Big size, good pen and good pressure ratio. Then when I've tried to draw stuff I noticed that my style and the way I do stuff doesn't go well with the new tool.
I got into situation where I was back to basics, with lines, with way of holding pen (angle that touch surface), the speed of strokes, the different way of drawing (looking at the screen and trying to get a 'feel' with hand on tablet etc).

It didn't work. So, a week later I was pissed because I just spent money on something that I thought I would use with ease.
Only my stubbornness and the awful feeling that I turned into donkey because of the rushed decision kept me going, trying, learning. And now I can't persuade myself to do traditional art anymore. So, it is a long process to accustom to tablet, even when you have worked with pen and paper years before. Keep that in mind.

Also, your style of drawing will suffer in the transition. Drawing on tablet is completely different than drawing on paper. You are kinda limited to 'let yourself go' and focus just on drawing. Lines are not going where you want them to go, control is not 100%, idk how to explain it... Some finesses just disappear when you work with tablet.

But, UNDO thingy is a blessing!
Originally Posted by 8OJ4N View Post
But, UNDO thingy is a blessing!

SO MUCH YES. The lack of an undo button is my biggest beef with drawing on paper. :U

Completely agree on everything else as well, you can expect it to take at least a couple of weeks before you get properly used to the tablet. I can say from experience as a beginning artist, however, that it's totally worth the effort.
Thank you for that long reply 8OJ4N ! I get what you are saying ... but i think the Bamboo with a price of 50€ is just fair. I will go with that.
Believe me, i've tried, but you can't in any obvious way. :/
Fortunately, it is possible to NEARLY remove the problem by maximizing the speed and minimizing the spatial tolerance required for a double click, along with changing the mouse setting for double click to be as fast as possible (which is not even close to being as fast as i usually double click, so...).

By the way Destram, if you do get a Bamboo, you may want to disable the "press and hold" feature, since it's a major pain when you're trying to make small lines. There are much better ways to right click than that.
You'd probably want to disable all OS tablet features honestly.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff