Ranking
I honestly am tired of all the petty fighting. Sony isnt your mother and they dont love you, they are simply pandering to 'gamers' desire to bitch about having to spend money. Honestly the way the CEO's are acting is childish, their biggest crowd moment was when they said 'lol xbox dun like used ga3ms'. They are selling their product on the it's not as bad as xbox and not because it's an awesome console. This is one of the first times i've seen a large company feed a console war and i honestly expect it to lead to their down fall. Games on the ps4 will have more online codes because the developers are the people actually in control DRM. If any of you had read the press releases that Microsoft has put out you'd know that they don't choose what titles are covered by DRM.

Originally Posted by pusga View Post
you do need to pay for online in ps4 but still ps+ has free games every month

Xbox gold members receive two every month as well as the price for ps+ being on the same level as gold

Also please tell me that other people noticed how the ps4 they were performing the demos on froze multiple times during the stream. It strikes me as a problem if the console has issues with playing games.

I do admit to being a fan of the One, it has an incredible list of exclusive games and the hardware is pretty sweet. I feel like that Microsoft is being incredibly open about what they are doing and i don't mind paying more for my games if they are going to be of that quality. That being said i already pre-ordered mine yesterday so i'll be sure to let people know how the experience is. I'm hyped though i expect the one to be incredible.
Now with 100% less angst
Heres an explanation put in a few selectional words.

Last edited by box; Jun 12, 2013 at 12:01 PM. Reason: fixed video
why are you looking here? the post is up there
Originally Posted by Madgecko11 View Post
I honestly am tired of all the petty fighting. Sony isnt your mother and they dont love you, they are simply pandering to 'gamers' desire to bitch about having to spend money. Honestly the way the CEO's are acting is childish, their biggest crowd moment was when they said 'lol xbox dun like used ga3ms'. They are selling their product on the it's not as bad as xbox and not because it's an awesome console. This is one of the first times i've seen a large company feed a console war and i honestly expect it to lead to their down fall. Games on the ps4 will have more online codes because the developers are the people actually in control DRM. If any of you had read the press releases that Microsoft has put out you'd know that they don't choose what titles are covered by DRM.

Xbox gold members receive two every month as well as the price for ps+ being on the same level as gold

Also please tell me that other people noticed how the ps4 they were performing the demos on froze multiple times during the stream. It strikes me as a problem if the console has issues with playing games.

I do admit to being a fan of the One, it has an incredible list of exclusive games and the hardware is pretty sweet. I feel like that Microsoft is being incredibly open about what they are doing and i don't mind paying more for my games if they are going to be of that quality. That being said i already pre-ordered mine yesterday so i'll be sure to let people know how the experience is. I'm hyped though i expect the one to be incredible.

I was going to make a very sensible post about how you're misunderstanding our acknowledgement of Sony's amazing PR move for fanboyism and how every reputable person here knows better than to cheer for consoles, but then you went ahead and cheered for a console. Hard. Aimlessly hard. And your points didn't even make sense. And you're a bigger fan than anyone in this thread.

Why do you cheer Microsoft when everything you said can be easily put as a bad thing?
<&Fish>: did you just infract the toribot?
<&Fish>: you're fired
<JSnuffMARS> sounds like a drug-addiction or mastu(I'll censor that word)
<bishopONE>: also yeah fisting
<mwah> Gynx is it true you got admin over hero because hes from pakistan
Honestly the way the CEO's are acting is childish, their biggest crowd moment was when they said 'lol xbox dun like used ga3ms'. They are selling their product on the it's not as bad as xbox and not because it's an awesome console.

This is a perfectly legitimate approach to selling their console. People didn't like what the Xbox ONE was doing, and so Sony simply reminded them that they're not doing the things people didn't like about the Xbox.
Rival companies do this all the time.

Oh yeah, and they were showing off a bunch of games playing on their console. That works toward the whole "awesome console" thing.

Games on the ps4 will have more online codes because the developers are the people actually in control DRM. If any of you had read the press releases that Microsoft has put out you'd know that they don't choose what titles are covered by DRM.

This isn't something you can say will happen.
Mind you, I fully expect big companies (EA, Activision in particular) to require online passes for their PS4 games. However, letting the developers choose is a cut above having to activate every single game you buy for the Xbox ONE. That's equivalent to an online pass for every game ever to be released for the Xbox ONE.

PS+ you get more than 2 games per month. Currently Xbox is putting out Assassin's Creed II and Halo 3, while PS is putting out Uncharted 3, XCOM, LittleBigPlanet karting and Machinarium. Meanwhile, you need Xbox Live Gold to do just about anything online (Netflix for one) whereas PS+ for PS4 apparently only denies you online play without it. You can still browse the internet and use netflix.
Take that as you will.

I don't know how/if things on the online subscription front will change when the consoles are actually released though.

Oh yes the Assassin's Creed one was particularly bad. Still, one must remember that this could equally be either a hardware or software issue, and that the games shown at E3 are not finished products.
But yes, showing games that freeze during your presentation is not good.

Also, weren't the Xbox E3 event games running from a PC, not the console?

I honestly think Microsoft tried. They really did. But then they ignored what people wanted (i.e. used games, not having to activate a game online to use it, not having to "check in" every day online, no required camera of dubious intent) and that's where the problem lies.
Offering up the "all in ONE box" thing with TV and such wasn't too bad of an idea - it's just that it doesn't offer anything that you're probably not already paying for e.g. Netflix or a cable box subscription, you likely already have a DVD/Blu-ray player in one form or another...

That said, hey, if you want the Xbox ONE, good for you. It's your choice.
Last edited by 4zb41; Jun 12, 2013 at 12:19 PM.
Originally Posted by 4zb41 View Post
Also, weren't the Xbox E3 event games running from a PC, not the console?

Xbox ONE Reveals Battlefield 4: PC

Although I can't say that all the games revealed by XBOne were played off of a PC, it's still bad to have a game run off of anything other than the console you're presenting.

From what I've seen so far, I'd say that PS4 essentially "won" E3. 4zb41 put it rather nicely:

However, letting the developers choose is a cut above having to activate every single game you buy for the Xbox ONE.

Not only that, but either there needs to be a really nice internal HDD upgrade for the Xbox ONE, or some external drives that you would be able to purchase (although you really shouldn't need to). Considering you're installing all of those games onto the hard drive, and you can't just pop in the disk and go. I've got friends that have amassed tons of games over the years, and I could promise you that they would not fit on any internal hard drive the Xbox 360 currently has or will ever have.

And the day that some poor chap goes over that 500GB limit the Xbox ONE currently has will be a dark day in hell.
Inq | GM | ORMO | Replay Thread
Need help with anything? PM me
Beta | Orko | Uric | Vodka | Aj | Ed | Firebolty | EJM | ChuckNinja
<[Obey]PlataBear> I yolo so hard erth looks up from his toilet
EJM wants me to change my name back. What say you, folks?
Originally Posted by sid View Post
I was going to make a very sensible post about how you're misunderstanding our acknowledgement of Sony's amazing PR move for fanboyism and how every reputable person here knows better than to cheer for consoles, but then you went ahead and cheered for a console. Hard. Aimlessly hard. And your points didn't even make sense. And you're a bigger fan than anyone in this thread.

Why do you cheer Microsoft when everything you said can be easily put as a bad thing?

I should clarify, i love people being excited about video games. The crowds outside a game store snaking around on a midnight release. People who play video games are incredibly passionate and that's great. What i draw issue with is the unconventional hate that is often spawned to competitors. I really don't think that the things Microsoft is doing will be as negative as everyone seems to think, that being said it's pure speculation. Ps4 'won' e3 given the crowd response and how most news outlet have reacted.

This is a perfectly legitimate approach to selling their console. People didn't like what the Xbox ONE was doing, and so Sony simply reminded them that they're not doing the things people didn't like about the Xbox.
Rival companies do this all the time.

I disagree, i feel like it's an underhanded approach to handling PR. Im not arguing that it doesn't work but it's a similar approach to negative campaign ad's that are all over tv during election years. I'd rather see more positivity about your company than why you should buy the others.

Oh yeah, and they were showing off a bunch of games playing on their console. That works toward the whole "awesome console" thing.

I agree, they released a number of great looking games, im jealous of Knack it looks incredibly fun.

This isn't something you can say will happen.
Mind you, I fully expect big companies (EA, Activision in particular) to require online passes for their PS4 games. However, letting the developers choose is a cut above having to activate every single game you buy for the Xbox ONE. That's equivalent to an online pass for every game ever to be released for the Xbox ONE.

That's what im saying, and from what i've read is that Microsoft is going ahead and giving that choice to the developers. They've announced that they are currently working with many of the developers to discuss the issue of disc sharing which i hope will be the case but who knows. Also i admit what i said was speculation and i might be entirely wrong in that respect.

PS+ you get more than 2 games per month. Currently Xbox is putting out Assassin's Creed II and Halo 3, while PS is putting out Uncharted 3, XCOM, LittleBigPlanet karting and Machinarium. Meanwhile, you need Xbox Live Gold to do just about anything online (Netflix for one) whereas PS+ for PS4 apparently only denies you online play without it. You can still browse the internet and use netflix.
Take that as you will.

I don't know how/if things on the online subscription front will change when the consoles are actually released though.

I dont mind paying for my online service, the 360's gold in my opinion was much better than PSN. I used both i just felt that at least the Xbox was a better experience online. That i feel might be largely preference though.

Oh yes the Assassin's Creed one was particularly bad. Still, one must remember that this could equally be either a hardware or software issue, and that the games shown at E3 are not finished products.
But yes, showing games that freeze during your presentation is not good.

It was just poor presentation, that being said the xbox sound issue was lack luster.

That said, hey, if you want the Xbox ONE, good for you. It's your choice.

i just agree with this ^ get the console that meets your need the best.
Last edited by Madgecko11; Jun 12, 2013 at 01:20 PM.
Now with 100% less angst
I disagree, i feel like it's an underhanded approach to handling PR. Im not arguing that it doesn't work but it's a similar approach to negative campaign ad's that are all over tv during election years. I'd rather see more positivity about your company than why you should buy the others.

So you pretty much want all of the negative (mainly anti-consumerism) aspects of the XB1 to be swept under the rug when comparing it to its competitors? Because that's what you're implying.

We all know damn well that MS isn't going to bring it up themselves so its good that Sony is pointing them out and forcing people to make the comparisons. Hopefully this blows up into an ad campaign slapping MS in the face.. hard.

The part that pisses me off the most is that if people actually support ridiculous decisions by companies (paying for online), it will eventually shift over to competitors. Let the XB1 fail so that we don't have to deal with this DRM bullshit in the years/generations to come. For Real.
"Fear not the Tori who has practiced 10,000 openers once, but fear the Tori who has practiced one opener 10,000 times."
Originally Posted by DaNooB23 View Post
So you pretty much want all of the negative (mainly anti-consumerism) aspects of the XB1 to be swept under the rug when comparing it to its competitors? Because that's what you're implying.

We all know damn well that MS isn't going to bring it up themselves so its good that Sony is pointing them out and forcing people to make the comparisons. Hopefully this blows up into an ad campaign slapping MS in the face.. hard.

The part that pisses me off the most is that if people actually support ridiculous decisions by companies (paying for online), it will eventually shift over to competitors. Let the XB1 fail so that we don't have to deal with this DRM bullshit in the years/generations to come. For Real.

Im sorry if i seem rude here, it is my intention, but are you being an idiot? Microsoft has been incredibly open about what they are doing in fact it's their transparency that has lead to the huge swath of criticism. You are the sort of person i have a problem with spewing ignorant hate because you feel wronged. You know the PS4 requires you to pay to play online right? They didn't specifically say it at their conference they just listed the things you can do without Ps+ and multiplayer wasn't on the list. What i want is for intelligent gamers to have conversations with out having to deal with aggressive cocks thrusting their opinions in without having done research.
Now with 100% less angst
why is anyone supporting microsoft? the only reason we have pay to play online now is because people let microsoft get away with it on the 360, if you let this always online shit slide you're going to be fucked even more next time around