Ranking
Originally Posted by T0ribush View Post
I was looking forward to this not some half assed tactical shooter. This kind of game should have just been Star Wars where
you can control either CloneTroopers or StormTroopers and droids.

No idea what would have this really achieved by being another everyday shooter. You can buy one of those generic, overrated first person shooters by different gaming companies out there instead of complaining about one gaming company not making their game a shooter.

I personally think this is a successful and a rather "unique" approach to shooters. Looks cool, I'm probably buying this.
I know it's $50. It feels and looks like $20. Also this is a good way to kill a bad ass engine.

They only get generic if you look at it like this. First Person, I shoot, I move and I kill. X-COM looked like it would have deviated from your "generic" FPS unless all you see is First Person and a gun, then I feel sorry for you.

Oh yes, Half Life is so much like Halo. Oh yes, UT is so much like COD, AVP is too much like Deus Ex.

Yes, You look through your eyes and behind a gun. So Generic.

FPS tactics look better and are harder to execute you nubs.

Rofl, I do not even know if I'm trolling or not!
Last edited by Dagger; Oct 20, 2012 at 10:03 AM.
You are getting off-topic really fast, we never said any of the above mentioned are generic fps besides COD, you still don't understand that this game here is not fps, it's a tactical strategy game you dummy
I just realised I have the stupidest name in the forum
Originally Posted by torismaser View Post
You are getting off-topic really fast, we never said any of the above mentioned are generic fps besides COD, you still don't understand that this game here is not fps, it's a tactical strategy game you dummy

He's probably getting confused with the upcoming X-COM FPS (which was announced before this one). And yeah, it looks terrible but fear not - they've realized it's wank & it's going to be a XBLA/PSN/budget release instead of a full priced one.

Seriously, X-COM FPS... NFI what they were thinking. Almost as bad an idea as Syndicate being a FPS was.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
I liked the game. Was a massive fan of the original X-COM which made me go into it thinking it was going to be like the all the other "remakes" of the series, which totally sucked.

However, I was surprised to say the least and they done a very good job at remaking it. The base system was nice, the researching was pretty damn close the original and the manufacturing was cool. Simple things like guns done instantly but aircraft parts took longer. Awesome.

However, I couldn't help feel it was "un-finished" the game is pretty short, can complete it in a day if you just rush it.
The original X-COM you would be lucky to be 1/4 way through the game in 3 days rushing it. So I think they sort of got lazy and ended it too soon. However, the ending to the game was good, the narrative story was nice.

I really like the whole ranking of soldiers and whatnot. Is pretty cool. As I do with all X-COM games I end up getting attached to 1 or 2 certain members and do everything in my power to keep them alive. My sniper has been on every mission she can, starting from the very start

The combat system is ok, bit buggy at times with the shooting phase sometimes prolonging for a while, nothing major and the movement is quite cool. The whole sprint thing is nice feature. As well as medium / full cover.

I guess to wrap up this wall of text I will finish with,
TL : DR The game surprised me keeping pretty close to it's roots, but few bugs and unfinished/lazy story sort of annoyed me. Overall the game is amazing and I would buy it again, but I think I will not replay it until some DLC is released.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Love you guys. | Soɐd | Kiza | iRookie | Orko | TGS |
Zora | ViperTech