Toribash
Why does everyone keep saying you have to ask then you aren't ready? everyone has to learn somewhere right?
Present to me the most beautiful woman, and I shall reward you with chronos
Originally Posted by AzureMage View Post
Why does everyone keep saying you have to ask then you aren't ready? everyone has to learn somewhere right?

Oh hey the answer to your question is in your very statement. Just by acknowledging that they "need to learn somewhere" means that they obviously aren't ready.
[spirit]
If you are so un-confident about yourself that you have to ask others whether you qualify for staff, then you are not the one staff is looking for. Observe other staff members and you'll see what quality they had that made them what they are now.
Last edited by Hero; Sep 16, 2012 at 08:02 AM.
I understand what makes staff members need to be calm, knowledgeable etc. but everything has to come from somewhere and simply because someone doesn't know how to become a GM implies that they don't even have a shot?. I'm sure all of you had questions at one point in time right? I mean it's no big deal but I just can't see the co-relation. I mean you ask questions so that you won't be ignorant in the long run, it's not an act of weakness or stupidity but to prevent future mistakes. Or am I still missing the point?
Present to me the most beautiful woman, and I shall reward you with chronos
Originally Posted by AzureMage View Post
I understand what makes staff members need to be calm, knowledgeable etc. but everything has to come from somewhere and simply because someone doesn't know how to become a GM implies that they don't even have a shot?. I'm sure all of you had questions at one point in time right? I mean it's no big deal but I just can't see the co-relation. I mean you ask questions so that you won't be ignorant in the long run, it's not an act of weakness or stupidity but to prevent future mistakes. Or am I still missing the point?

If people don't know what being a GM requires then they aren't ready to be applying for the position, they'll just get shot down instantly. It's not like it's overly difficult to figure it out.

No one in any of the staff positions came in without knowing things, in the case of GM - if you don't have the slightest clue how to host or what the games rules are then you'll not be GM. What's the point in getting someone that you'll have to babysit & explain everything over & over again when it's just as easy to find people who already know how things are done?
Same applies to forum staff etc etc.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
They aren't saying "Oh, you asked if you are ready to be staff, so no, you can't just because you asked." They are just simply saying that if you don't know if you are ready, then you aren't ready. You have to be confident that you can be a leader.\

I think that I would make a great, but I break market rules a lot, so I would never get accepted. It's just a matter of if you are ready for the responsibility to lead the toribash community, be active, tell people what is right or wrong, not break the rules that you are enforcing, etc. If I am still playing toribash in a few years, chances are that I will try to become a smod.

And no, you don't have to have a high post count, but you should have experience with being a leader, and experience with toribash. If you are really confident that you can become a staff member, go for it. Just keep in mind that if you can't even help yourself, you won't be able to help other people.
meh
. viiiiiiiid
Just want to take Skulfuk's ball and run with it for a second:

There isn't a spot that needs desperately to be filled at the moment. A lot of moderation groups from Admins to GameMasters have adequate to above adequate representation. What that really translates into is with less need to fill staff positions, the standards to fill a spot rise accordingly.

Yes everyone learns somehow. But take some initiative! Hop onto #support, find out more there about GameMasters. Join a few of their tournaments, observe everything they're doing. Meanwhile have an amenable personality and don't post anything you wouldn't want us to find.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
I think to apply, u have to pm a gm.
That's what someone told me.
3DS FC :4038-6911-2047
Pokemon Player. LoZ and other Nintendo shit. =]
Well, to be honest. I don't think you'd have a chance, considering you think post count is relevant to becoming a staff member. And another reason, you only joined two months ago, some of the staff members have been around probably since Toribash started, so wait a few years before you think of applying.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[Atlantic] [Ethr] [Team Australia]

12:18 AM - Sonic: I fucking want a bisexual pride flag cake.