Endurance Onslaught 6.0
Originally Posted by EmoTeal View Post
I used to play wushu before I took like a year long break. I looved it. But now, whenever I want to play it it's the same faggoty openers every single time. Don't get me wrong, aikido is like that too. But in aikido, you can use one opener and do a thousand more things with the match than you can with wushu.

Wushu - opener, kick/punch, run.
Aikido - opener, fight/struggle, dq.

Yes, right, because you're obviously the most experienced wushu player ever and are able to judge that wushu is only openers and running. I take it you've never played wushu before with experienced players. All the guys in Alpha would make you look stupid for implying that.
Hoss.
Originally Posted by DaNooB23 View Post
I still think fighting mods like lenshu, wushu, and probably ninjutsu (my favorite) offer way more variety in regards to creating your own moves so it's weird to see that most people put aikido over any fighting mod like wushu for example.

I mean, one of the main draws to Toribash is to 'Create Your Own Moves'... right?

Meh.

That's a fair point. However, not everyone wants to create moves. I never created a move of my own and I can hold myself decently in wushu without failing badly. Winning in an aikido match does not require creating moves. It depends upon how well you use joints to counter or create momentum.
Not exactly true; in my opinion, ABD keeps the fight going longer.

When skilled aikido players fight in the normal mod the match keeps going longer because they don't get pushed out the dojo. So long as you know how to counter basic moves the fight will often come down to points.

Originally Posted by DaNooB23 View Post
Add in the instant dq to promote last second counters, and you have a mod that is easy to play and I guess hard to master?

You could apply that to pretty much any mod.

I maintain that ABD's invention is on par with with the TK "no snapkicking baaaw" faggotry. If you can't counter being lifted/shoveled then simply put you suck at the mod. Hell we still have to put up with people whinging about being lifted in ABD because that's obviously cheating. ¬_¬ lol noobs.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
I used to play aikido a lot, I love it, improvise the whole time
Now that I tried wushu, i love it too xD it's fun trying to maneuver the tori to comeback at the right position and the right direction

technically, the only goal in abd is to fracture the opponent so badly they can't move anything to stop them from dqing... either that or it goes to the points

the only ones i don't like are judo and taekkyon cuz it's always the same openers
Taekkyon is pretty awesome so long as you're playing against the right people; if they're spamming the same opener over & over again they aint the right people.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Aikido is all about skills, not easy to decapitate or dismember other people easily. So basically in aikido you have to think about every move and not click randomly unlike another mods.

Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
Yes, right, because you're obviously the most experienced wushu player ever and are able to judge that wushu is only openers and running. I take it you've never played wushu before with experienced players. All the guys in Alpha would make you look stupid for implying that.

Well, you're somewhat right. I guess my assumptions only apply to the general public. I've had lots of good fights in both aikido and wushu, but the number of fights where running and cheap moves are involved outweigh the fun matches.
Well, you're somewhat right. I guess my assumptions only apply to the general public. I've had lots of good fights in both aikido and wushu, but the number of fights where running and cheap moves are involved outweigh the fun matches.

That applies to every mod.

When you get to the point of having complete mastery over your tori/foresight, it doesn't really bother you.
Hoss.