Toribash
My house mate longboards, he fucking loves it! Personally, I stick to just ye olde conventional skateboard as I have been doing for the passed 9 years.

When I get my camera I'll film my house mate down our favourite hill to bomb. He's fucking reaaaaaally good at sessing. You guys will love it

EDIT: ahahahahaha, @Smileyz: You, sir, have no fucking clue about skateboarding it's not funny!

For one, trying to tell longboarders in a longboarding thread that skateboarding is better...you poof.
Secondly, 7.85 isn't "perfect for flip". It's called personal preference and also quite dependable on how big your feet are. Get some clues cause you're definitely clueless.
Last edited by Peter; Jun 26, 2012 at 06:17 PM.
lol
Believe it or not me and my friends get called faggots a lot by people that skateboard, saying that there's no point in them and you can do everything that you can do on a longboard, better on a skateboard.

I then proceed to laugh and go out of their vision down a hill in about 5 seconds.

@Peter; Any idea what board your friend has? I'd love to see a video of him.

@rift; I've tried out the Dervish in-shop but never got to actually ride it, how well does it turn and how tight do you have your trucks? Also, how are the fireball wheels? Looking to buy new ones soon and can't decide between a new pair of orangatang stims or fireballs
Last edited by Lume; Jun 26, 2012 at 07:39 PM.
I used to longboard. I sold my board though, I had a loaded tan tien. Longboarding was big in my city for like a year and a half then it died down. In my opinion longboards are only good for a hilly area, somewhere with mountains, etc.

Also skateboards and hills dont mix as well. The wheels on a skateboard are smaller and made of different material, and dont grip as well.

▲ ▲
Longboarding is for sure fun when your bombing hills down, but i hate the part where they try to do tricks, so PWEES forget about that! if you want to do tricks just stick with normal skateboard.

But myself i would prefer A cruiser, its much more handy to carry on and rides good.
I dont own a one tho' but ive tried my friends one and it is so much fun!
yeah cruisers are rad! my friend has a really old santa cruz, so legit.

@lume, I'll give him an ask when he gets back from sydney, they aren't in his room at the moment, must have taken them up there!
lol
What's special about cruisers, just wondering? I'm not putting them down or anything but when I was deciding what to get I tried some of them and they seem like smaller longboards that ride for less time.
Originally Posted by Lume View Post
@rift; I've tried out the Dervish in-shop but never got to actually ride it, how well does it turn and how tight do you have your trucks? Also, how are the fireball wheels? Looking to buy new ones soon and can't decide between a new pair of orangatang stims or fireballs

I like my trucks pretty loose so I can turn really responsively. But I have to say out of all the boards i've had, the dervish turns the most smoothly.

And the Fireball wheels, those thingd are beauties. They never lose their colour or decals on the wheels, and i've been shredding them for 6 months. They slide pretty cleanly but you have to break them in pretty hard. Along with the sliding factor, they offer the best of both worls, the wheels grip pretty nicely too, but not too much so you can't slide. They're also the perfect size to go over anything (Cracks,sticks,rocks,etc)