Ranking
I'd have to agree with akip, the website you linked isn't too good if you're going to compare speeds and whatnot. The 10fastfingers website was pretty good though.

results

what
no discussion here
[23:23:53] <AndChat|700625> Blue eyes ultimate dragon best card
[23:24:29] <AndChat|700625> You know the one with 3 heads
[23:24:39] <~Lightningkid> just like my dick

[11:35:40] <box> Hampa suck
[11:36:21] <hampa> not the first to tell me that today
That is a really bad typing test but I usually type at 90-110 wpm. The highest I've scored on a test is something like 135, but my average score is about 100. I will answer your questions.
Can you touchtype?

Yes.

How and when did you learn to do so?

Gradually, between the time I was 12 and 16. I mostly learned by just typing a lot while playing MMOs. My speed gradually increased as well. From 30-40 wpm when I was 11, to 70 wpm when I was 16, to ~100 right now (I am 21).

Any tips or hints to it?

"Home row" is bullshit, just type however you want. My friend types with only 4 fingers and his "record" speed is 150 WPM. I type with 6 fingers and I never use "home row". Everyone has different finger and hand sizes, so obviously the exact same technique will not work for everyone.
As practice, type song lyrics of songs you like while you're listening to them and try to keep up with the singing.
Last edited by Clockwork8; Jun 21, 2012 at 08:55 AM.
146 words per minute. Gotta go fast.

dat proof

I follow home row to the heart. Those two bumps on f and j are god-sent gifts of typing speedsters. Learned how to type back in 4th-5th grade and played a bunch of typing mini-games every day since I had a bunch of extra time after school. Led to my maximum speeds back in middle school where I typed about 210 words per minute. Still didn't beat the school record...

(P.S.: Just to keep this thread alive, please discuss your typing styles etc. so staff won't have to take down another thread.)
Last edited by Arbalest; Jun 21, 2012 at 09:38 AM.
I can type around 140(+) but that website you linked is terrible for a test. I spent more then half the time trying to figure out what I had to type.
112 words per minute ^__^

I type by feeling the keys.
I know it sounds weird, but I have memorized what each key kind of feels like when I press it...
Weird right?
I hate living in Texas -_-
110wpm average, my best runs are around 120-140wpm

if you want to learn to touchtype start with one of those programs that tell you which finger to use for whatever key, then after that focus 100% on accuracy, speed will increase naturally from familiarity so don't try and rush speed.