Ranking
Originally Posted by siku View Post
just to be clear, did my awesome suggestion work or did gorman's retarded suggestion work

mine was the 100% legal origin one

lol siku I didn't realize this is a competition.

Why does everyone try and 'win' threads? Who exactly is keeping track? O_o

Who cares what method he used, as long as the issue is solved, I don't help people to boost my reputation, I do it to help people...
i was going to just doublepost edit but you ruined it

also i doubt you get 320mbps connections needed for 40mb/s in australia

because australian ISPs suck rofl ajhahahahaah
QUACK
Why do I need 320mb/s to download at 40mb/s? That doesn't make much sense.
Did you mean to say 320mb/s and 40mB/s? (Capital B denotes Bytes, little b is bits)
mb/s and mbps mean the same thing - megabits per second.

I download torrents to a seedbox in the US then use sFTP to suck the files down and saturate the link (which is about 20mb/s).

Seems like we are getting a bit offtopic now though.

EDIT: By the way the ISPs in Australia isn't the problem, Perth get's throttled by the way our country network is set up, all traffic goes through a trunk to the east then from there across the pacific cables etc. It has gotten better since Perth has been linked north by a highspeed trunk, but communication to USA will remain slow for now simply because we have an extra layer and a long way internally for the data to travel.
Last edited by kumi; May 2, 2012 at 04:18 AM.
actually megabyte is MB but w/e, so you meant mbps

i downloaded my me3 from origin at 10-16MB/s
QUACK
mb and Mb mean the same thing (to be exact mb is meaningless, but it is understood to mean Mb), just like kb should be written Kb, and gb should be written Gb. But since kb doesn't mean anything otherwise, then it is obvious. But if you say "1mb=8mb" then it is very confusing, so you should be careful when dealing with the 'B' vs 'b'

The M is the prefix: Mega-Byte or Mega-bit. So Mb and mb mean the same thing, and MB and mB mean the same thing! So when you say "actually megabyte is MB or Mb" that is incorrect, MB is Mega-Byte, Mb is Mega-bit (you can remember it easily because the B looks like an 8, so the big B is 8 times bigger than the little b, which is a good way to remember there is 8 bits in a Byte).

Anyway I don't use origin so I can't compare, like I said earlier I don't want a second program to do what Steam already does fine.
Originally Posted by siku View Post
just to be clear, did my awesome suggestion work or did gorman's retarded suggestion work

mine was the 100% legal origin one

Sure, there are arguments on both sides, i chose origin because i don't have a virus protection right now, though i have downloaded using gorman's method in the past and it worked great.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore