Toribash
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
Odd, considering good Street Fighter players don't spam buttons, the gameplay is solid and has good flow, and the same could be said of Tekken if the only thing you saw to base it on were two new Tekken players.

Good tekken players don't spam either. (actually good players at anything don't spam buttons.) Hell i'm perfectly fine with 2 new characters. But what more can you actually add to a fighting game? This tekken vs street fighter vs soul caliber thing is pretty much the same as CoD vs Battlefield or kingdom hearts vs final fantasy. Its all based on how you you play the game and what appeals to you more. (Seriously though like what can you add to a fighting game? there really isn't anything to add .__.)
Originally Posted by SleepingForest View Post
Good tekken players don't spam either. (actually good players at anything don't spam buttons.) Hell i'm perfectly fine with 2 new characters. But what more can you actually add to a fighting game? This tekken vs street fighter vs soul caliber thing is pretty much the same as CoD vs Battlefield or kingdom hearts vs final fantasy. Its all based on how you you play the game and what appeals to you more. (Seriously though like what can you add to a fighting game? there really isn't anything to add .__.)

This isn't a Tekken vs Street Fighter argument. I just find it odd that you're going to say probably one of the best, if not the best, 2d fighter series ever created is just "spam rape, choppy, and pretty much no flow," without anything to back it up other than "never liked Street Fighter."
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
That in my opinion. What i mean by choppy is it lacks fluidity. Every uppercut or dropkick has 2 or three parts in it where all motion ceases I also never said there was an argument. I said its like. Meaning 2 pretty similar games being compared to each other. The proof is the game. You cant tell me that its NOT choppy whenever king finishes a throw or grab and INSTANTLY resumes his regular stance. You cant tell me its NOT choppy how whenever ryu gets kicked in the shin that ALL motion stops for half a second. You cant tell me its NOT choppy whenever Guile punches in mid air how EVERYTHING stops for half a second followed by ANOTHER choppy sequence where after they hit the ground and get back on their feet in half a second.
Of course i have something to back it up. Whenever you get kicked in the shin does your body instantly freeze? No. it doesnt. (damn you made me rant. =__=)
That in my opinion. What i mean by choppy is it lacks fluidity. Every uppercut or dropkick has 2 or three parts in it where all motion ceases I also never said there was an argument. I said its like. Meaning 2 pretty similar games being compared to each other.

Comparison is basis for argument. Especially if it's using the term versus, which implies competition. So yes, you did say there was an argument.
The proof is the game. You cant tell me that its NOT choppy whenever king finishes a throw or grab and INSTANTLY resumes his regular stance. You cant tell me its NOT choppy how whenever ryu gets kicked in the shin that ALL motion stops for half a second. You cant tell me its NOT choppy whenever Guile punches in mid air how EVERYTHING stops for half a second followed by ANOTHER choppy sequence where after they hit the ground and get back on their feet in half a second.

Of course i have something to back it up. Whenever you get kicked in the shin does your body instantly freeze? No. it doesnt. (damn you made me rant. =__=)

Considering every Street Fighter character, upon throwing an opponent, will resuming their normal fighting stance, your first point is severely flawed.

Ok, motion for ryu stops. So? This is a question of aesthetics, not gameplay. That doesn't influence a fighter game's legitimacy, otherwise every old game is now one of the worst games in existence.

Comparison is that when a Street Fighter character gets hit, they have some sort of flinch animation, allowing combos to be formed. In Tekken, the same thing happens, except with greater aesthetics. However, if we're going to be nit picky, Tekken has the issue of wall combos. Why is it an issue? Because if you get kicked, punched, thrown etc. and even remotely touch a wall, your character can get suddenly morphed into a standing position against the wall, and is forced to slide down it. THAT is choppy, as it's a clear, drastic change of character positions.

In addition, character animation stopping after an air hit is a tactic to prevent infinite combos or infinite juggling. Something both Tekken and Street Fighter have implemented. It's what makes both games such good games for competitive play.

Also, if I recall correctly, Guile doesn't land flat on his face after executing a punch in midair, and characters can land on their feet even when hit in the air if the player reacts appropriately. You're just exhibiting a lack of knowledge by using false information to support a point.
I think Oracle is taking his games a little seriously.
And besides, new tekken features included special moves,
being able to actually reverse the moves instead of just ducking,
newer combos, updated moves,
the ability to parry attacks, the amazing new option to customize the character.
and if you know how to play tekken you can stop move spamming.
It's kind of obvious that when someone says tekken sucks because people move spam, it's usually because they suck at tekken.
Pow.
Besides, every side-view fighting game has a way of pissing me off every once in a while.
Last edited by SqueakyWafflez; Mar 31, 2012 at 09:05 PM.
Wot.
Originally Posted by SqueakyWafflez View Post
I think Oracle is taking his games a little seriously.
And besides, new tekken features included special moves,
being able to actually reverse the moves instead of just ducking,
newer combos, updated moves,
the ability to parry attacks, the amazing new option to customize the character.
and if you know how to play tekken you can stop move spamming.
It's kind of obvious that when someone says tekken sucks because people move spam, it's usually because they suck at tekken.
Pow.
Besides, every side-view fighting game has a way of pissing me off every once in a while.

Nobody has said Tekken sucks. A lot of people have been saying Street Fighter sucks, then posing flawed logic or incomplete information. I'm merely pointing it out.
Ooh. That's going on my christmas list.
Nice video, considering the amazon video had nothing but a go-over of all the street fighter characters, pawning the tekken characters.
Hm. What will yoshimitsu be wearing this time? His cockroach suit? His silver samurai suit? His robot-alien-glass incarnation? Or perhaps his original creepy robot vampire samurai getup. I hope it's the latter.
Mhm.