Toribash
I'm waiting this game so much!!! I'm a fan too!
They say that it's going to change gameplay... So, we will have to see.
But it also have great graphics and the Free-To-Cut style is awesome.
When is it going to come exactly... Because 2012 is a long year.
i love metal gear solid. even the games that came before that.

lucky me i love a good hack and slash game too. it does break the ''real'' concept of MGS though.
Kojima Productions are now working with Platinum Games (only for MGR). They changed it name... Now it's Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance.
They said that because the are working with Platinum Games some things will change. I made a List:
*No Stealth.
*More Action with swords fighting (almost no guns, enemies have a machete).
*There are fighting effects that I don't like much.
*The story will no longer be Before MGS4... It's going to be after it.
*The game will look more badass... ( Raiden shouted: "I think it's time for Jack to let it rip!")

So... No, this won't me a MGS, this is a MGR, it looks like DMC ... and a lot of people are complaining about it. NO STEALTH <----- WTF

In the official site of MGR (Kojima Productions) are the latest trailer and an interview of why Kojima works with Platinum and a lot of information and a bit of gameplay.
Originally Posted by T1G3RX View Post
Kojima Productions are now working with Platinum Games (only for MGR). They changed it name... Now it's Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance.
They said that because the are working with Platinum Games some things will change. I made a List:
*No Stealth.
*The game will look more badass... ( Raiden shouted: "I think it's time for Jack to let it rip!")

So... No, this won't me a MGS, this is a MGR, it looks like DMC ... and a lot of people are complaining about it. NO STEALTH <----- WTF

In the official site of MGR (Kojima Productions) are the latest trailer and an interview of why Kojima works with Platinum and a lot of information and a bit of gameplay.

this list is bullshit.

you CAN play stealthy,
you CAN play through the game without killing anyone.
its NOT like DMC

they said so in the video explaining everything.

its just a new kind of metal gear.
Originally Posted by T1G3RX View Post
*No Stealth.

Nope, they mentioned you can play stealth - it just isn't the main focus.
And no, they also made sure it was possible to finish the game with 0 human casualties (this seems to be consistent with Kojima's games, which is cool),

It's not going to be like DMC, as they stated the combat involves manipulating a "cutting plane" which determines where and in what direction the sword strikes.

Also worth noting that Kojima's plan was to sit back and let his staff take the reins for this game - probably why it's so different, although I'm not sure if this is still the same with the recent move to Platinum Studios.

The 0 deaths thing is apparently able to be achieved by slicing through your enemy's weapons (cutting their hands off by accident isn't penalised) which disables them without killing them.

^Quite a bit of that is on the first page btw.
Last edited by 4zb41; Dec 26, 2011 at 04:06 AM.
I'm still checking this posts.

I will respond to them all soon.
<ego>holy fuck a bat is in my room
- ego quit (Ping timeout)
Originally Posted by 4zb41 View Post
I'd like to point out that the title is now "Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance".
It's subtitle is "Lightning Bolt Action".

The game isn't supposed to be like Metal Gear Solid. Thus they have no need to stick to the tradition of the "Tactical Espionage Action" subtitle as we have seen in all of Snake's games.

HOWEVER, the game is now being developed by Platinum Studios, not Kojima Productions so my expectations for the game have plummeted. The game itself has now been ostracized from the Metal Gear Solid series.
Feel free to shout "HAH!" now.

That's right ;o
but I actually don't care.

Originally Posted by Takkrala View Post
i love metal gear solid. even the games that came before that.

lucky me i love a good hack and slash game too. it does break the ''real'' concept of MGS though.

I actually own Mgs , 2 ,3 and 4
Althought , I lost the cd of MGS 1.

Originally Posted by Takkrala View Post
this list is bullshit.

you CAN play stealthy,
you CAN play through the game without killing anyone.
its NOT like DMC

they said so in the video explaining everything.

its just a new kind of metal gear.

Qft.

@Clipsall : Do you played other MG games?
-----
also , Epic shit :
Last edited by Chuck; Dec 30, 2011 at 07:41 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
<ego>holy fuck a bat is in my room
- ego quit (Ping timeout)
Originally Posted by ChuckNinja View Post

I actually own Mgs , 2 ,3 and 4
Althought , I lost the cd of MGS 1.

i still have them all

altough i cant play my metal gear and metal gear snakes revenge ;v i believe i still have a copy of it on the addict. (or whatever the top floor is called in a house. dutch, sorry.) i havnt played every metal gear though. wich is kinda a shame ;v