Endurance Onslaught 6.0
Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
^ That.

If they sell a texture item with a texture image on it then by rights you have bought both.
Just keep in mind that if they do complain you'll have to provide proof you bought it with the image.

Thanks. That was exactly what I was wondering about. Can anyone specify what kind of proof do we need?
Bringing this back to life since it was brought to my attention.

There's a ton of grey area here - technically speaking, the texture item and the texture itself are separate things.

However, practically speaking, people really should be intelligent as was said and put dummy textures on items that they sell. However, someone else's mistake does not necessarily mean your ownership. For one thing, what if the item has stolen textures on it? There's no way you can claim ownership in that case. For another, plagiarism cases are very rarely investigated to that extent initially, so it's very likely that if they reported you, you'd get banned.

"i wish i could do that ken watanabe face where his eyes are really wide" -siku 2015
DONSELUKE, MASTER OF LAWSUIT
if you love america please sign this petition
B&B&B&
Originally Posted by hanz0 View Post
Bringing this back to life since it was brought to my attention.

There's a ton of grey area here - technically speaking, the texture item and the texture itself are separate things.

However, practically speaking, people really should be intelligent as was said and put dummy textures on items that they sell. However, someone else's mistake does not necessarily mean your ownership. For one thing, what if the item has stolen textures on it? There's no way you can claim ownership in that case. For another, plagiarism cases are very rarely investigated to that extent initially, so it's very likely that if they reported you, you'd get banned.

Please read my Pm. I have explained my case in it. Thanks.
Last edited by Hero; Nov 28, 2011 at 03:58 PM.