Ranking
Originally Posted by DXHqkirbyXD View Post
Thats such a waste of money...why dont you just earn the qi by playing in game??

Some people prefer to hurry it up..
Anyways it's more money for Nabi and it does sell

boricua

It takes long to get to 10000 games it takes like two and a half years or less but I'm not going to buy
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Madness
Whatever Nabi can do to make money the will offer.

People have to remember that Toribash is freeware. And running it isnt cheap.
Wouldnt you think its better to have the availablity to buy stuf with USD rather then advertisement banners?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^Exactly
I did a math of the elapsed time to God Belt a few days ago...
*Found it:
Originally Posted by Tekro
-50,000games at 2 minutes each (min) + 5 minutes (waiting)
-350,000 minutes / 60
-5833 hours/ 24
-243 days x 2 ( playing at least 12 hours a day)
-486 days

- 1 year & 4 months (playing 12 hours a day throughout the whole year)

Kinda hard to get there in a "short" time...

boricua

They get the ability to...
- buy new stuff (notice that you couldn't buy high-Qi stuff with real money before, it's a pretty new thing)
- change their belt title
- boast

It's pretty silly to argue about buying virtual stuff.
Why do people buy better weapons and armors in MMORPGs? Because then they can beat people up faster, level up faster, get to do new stuff faster and have more fun.
Why do people buy maps for Half-Life 2 and Halo? Because they get to explore new places and have more fun.

Why do people buy colors in Toribash?
So that their Toris look prettier, which makes Toribash more fun to play.

Some people don't need fancy DLC to be able to enjoy a game, but some people want more out of the game that they bought, possibly with money that was painstakingly earned with blood and tears.
With that said, you people who call Qi buying people noobs should be ashamed of yourself (yes, especially you warr33.). Even though the Qi is bought, even if the money was from your flower hat granny who gives you money each time you visit her, it's still earned Qi.

If you still think it's outrageous that some people get Qi so easily, you should use that energy to be proud of yourself.
You played through all those thousands of games, after all.
Originally Posted by Tonakai View Post
They get the ability to...
- buy new stuff (notice that you couldn't buy high-Qi stuff with real money before, it's a pretty new thing) Yeah you can, but for me having high-qi stuff without actually having played the game enough to normally get it is like buying a black belt and a world championships gold medal IRL when you are just starting the sport, for example karate
- change their belt title See above
- boast The boasting ceases to have meaning when the player has to fight and show what he can do

It's pretty silly to argue about buying virtual stuff.
Why do people buy better weapons and armors in MMORPGs? Because then they can beat people up faster, level up faster, get to do new stuff faster and have more fun. In toribash no matter if you had full demon or full orc it doesn't have an effect on anything else except your appearance ingame so it's pretty different from MMORPGS.
Why do people buy maps for Half-Life 2 and Halo? Because they get to explore new places and have more fun.

Fun

Basically the same thing as what I said formerly.

Why do people buy colors in Toribash?
So that their Toris look prettier, which makes Toribash more fun to play. Belt in martial arts as in related to real-life is a mark of your skills and experience. You can have elf, demon, void or whatever items but if you've played 500 games and you've bought your way to 10th dan you'll just make a clown out of yourself when it comes to the common situation ingame fighting - and this is the only possible situation for anyone to see your tori.

Some people don't need fancy DLC to be able to enjoy a game, but some people want more out of the game that they bought, possibly with money that was painstakingly earned with blood and tears.
With that said, you people who call Qi buying people noobs should be ashamed of yourself (yes, especially you warr33.). Even though the Qi is bought, even if the money was from your flower hat granny who gives you money each time you visit her, it's still earned Qi. Time for a reference: "Qi is a didactic concept in many Chinese, Korean and Japanese martial arts. Martial qigong is a feature of both internal and external training systems in China and other East Asian cultures.". Higher qi = Higher experience and capabilites of one as mentioned earlier. This is not a fucking habbo hotel; If you want to enjoy the game more - become better at it in multiplayer, singleplayer replays, as an artist or a marketeer, but by using real-life money you only create an _illusion_ of having better attributes, which IMO is pretty lame as in the end this is just a game [/kindaclichesounding].

If you still think it's outrageous that some people get Qi so easily, you should use that energy to be proud of yourself.
You played through all those thousands of games, after all.

Yup I've played a few thousand games, and it's been fun and I've gotten to know a lot of cool people while at it, challenging my brain with making moves and countering ones. And I'm not outrageous about this matter at all, but I see my points worth mentioning.

I think it makes more sense in the game when something comparable to experience points in many other games is not simply for sale for real-life money. However, you have to get the money off somewhere for developing the game further, and account sales are a constant problem so even if you couldn't buy objects in toribash for money we still couldn't be sure if one was truly worth his belt. So my conclusion: I support qi buying - but I don't support the people who buy it though because for me it is just plain retarded.
Last edited by Jire; Jun 21, 2011 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Some typos
The boasting ceases to have meaning when the player has to fight and show what he can do
Your Void and Custom Belt still remain, which look pretty good. You might not impress people with your skills, but surely your fancy Tori will. Maybe not as much, but it's still pretty cool.

In toribash no matter if you had full demon or full orc it doesn't have an effect on anything else except your appearance ingame so it's pretty different from MMORPGS.
Well yeah, that's true. I can't help but agree with that.
Though the main point is that in the end you'll have more fun. It certainly feels good when you activate your badass Vampire 'n Demon combination even though it's only about appearance.
Some people might not believe it, but even a little change from your usual routines makes you feel a lot better.

Belt in martial arts as in related to real-life is a mark of your skills and experience. You can have elf, demon, void or whatever items but if you've played 500 games and you've bought your way to 10th dan you'll just make a clown out of yourself when it comes to the common situation ingame fighting - and this is the only possible situation for anyone to see your tori.
True, in real life belt measures your skill, but notice that it is in real life.
It is true that the more you play the better you'll be, but some people learn faster than others. I have been beaten many, many times by people who have lower belt than mine, and not only by luck. The best example for this would be shook who is a green belt but still a superb player.
Selling Qi just adds to this. I don't think that not having Qi sales would make this that much different - there's not that many people who buy Qi, after all.

Time for a reference: "Qi is a didactic concept in many Chinese, Korean and Japanese martial arts. Martial qigong is a feature of both internal and external training systems in China and other East Asian cultures.". Higher qi = Higher experience and capabilites of one as mentioned earlier. This is not a fucking habbo hotel; If you want to enjoy the game more - become better at it in multiplayer, singleplayer replays, as an artist or a marketeer, but by using real-life money you only create an _illusion_ of having better attributes, which IMO is pretty lame as in the end this is just a game [/kindaclichesounding].
Again, comparing real life martial arts to Toribash fighting does not really fit.
In Toribash, you advance through the amount of matches you play. In real life (note: there's damn many martial arts, I just checked jiu-jitsu), at least in the lower rank belts there's experienced people watching you until you're eligible enough for the next belt. I don't know about Black Belt and above.
Also, you don't necessarily need to be good in the game. You can have a friend playing with you or you can play the mods... There's a lot of things to do in Toribash.
also, I laughed at the Habbo Hotel reference