Endurance Onslaught 6.0
not much of an upgrade there, what you want to look for is more into quad cores. either way there's going to be a bottleneck in your system though. it's either going to be the gpu or the cpu and imo the gpu is a better current upgrade while the cpu can be upgraded later to give that extra boost.
You don't say?
hmmm now i have a problem. When I switched the processors, I did everything correctly but when I turn on my pc, lights will turn on but after a few seconds, it just turns off. No monitor status either.
Wierd.
I'd like to a famous youtuber. =3
You like COD? --- >MONTAGE<
seems to be an incompatibility issue with the cpu and the motherboard. like i said in the last post though the 6550 isn't much of an upgrade if any over the 6500. you'd be better off sticking with your working cpu/motherboard/memory combo instead of trying to swap cpu's
You don't say?
Getting a quad core may or may not be necessary;
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...-cpu,2280.html

This article shows that back in 2009 no games made use of over 2 cores in a CPU, or at-least not much use, you're looking at a future investment if you're thinking of buying a quad core, as it won't improve performance much today. That doesn't mean however you shouldn't replace your CPU, as a pentium just isn't that fast compared to any modern CPU. If you go intel get a cheap core i3, i3 2xxx or i5 2xxx plus a sandy bridge (LGA 1155) compatible motherboard, if you go AM3 instead then just pick your self up any phenom processor and an AM3 motherboard.

Various options around $150: (Don't forget you'd need a new motherboard on top of this) (Prices approximated)
LGA 1156: i3 540 ($110) (2 cores)
LGA 1156: i5 760 ($200) (4 cores)
LGA 1155: i3 2100 ($120) (2 cores)
LGA 1155: i5 2300 ($176) (4 cores)
AM3: Phenom II x4 840 ($110) (4 cores)
To compare these CPU's and more check out Tom's Hardware's charts:
http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/d...aded,2407.html

As for GPU personally I always go with an x60, a 460 is a powerful card, you shouldn't need anything more than that unless you have a big screen or somehow really -need- to play metro 2033 at highest settings. A 560 Ti would be my personal choice however, as it's more up-to-date and has really shone in the GPU market. The 560 retails for around $230.

Lastly for PSU you don't need more than 450 watts for a 460, they only use 160 watts at load.
http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/gra...card-review/11
Ok now i have a new problem>.< I just got my gtx 460 and when i installed it, the card was working fine just the monitor would not boot. I can hear the windows startup sound, its just the monitor. Any help?
You need to make sure any old graphics drivers are not installed before using the card, whatever your old graphics chip was, find the drivers with the built in device manager in windows and uninstall the drivers.
I already uninstalled the drivers and stuff. Also when I turn on the rig, the graphics card fans work properly and everything works fine, just the monitor:/
-----

So I opened the case, checked the PSU to see if it had the right components and found out that it does not have a 6 pin connector and the gtx 460 has 2 connectors and comes with 2 adapters for them but my PSU doesn't have enough components to connect with. I think I haft to upgrade my PSU. Correct me if i'm wrong.
Last edited by darkspace; May 7, 2011 at 02:05 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Yea, if you can't connect the card it wont work, it needs both power inputs, refer to the 460 and your PSU manuals for exactly what it wants.
Looked at the manuals, I have decided to buy a new PSU 500 watt for $20 WITH the right components, hopefully that will be the end of my problems