Toribash
Then just make a texture and sell them. You dont have to do request. If its good them people will buy it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
i might buy it i just need something thats half decent (i still need a bit more qi)
so where do people sell them?
Complaining wont change the policy. Adapt or fail, its the way of the world :P
Organisation of Awesome: Member.
Originally Posted by BirdFlu View Post
The reason we banned request shops is becuase they are pointless. Everything achieved by them can be done using the requests forum, with the added bonus that requests in the forum stimulate a larger number of users to post artwork, and raises the overall standard of sets.

Why not just have both? this rule seems to be getting a lot of negative attention, and i see why. If you shake something up that's been the same way for so long, people are going to freak out, which would be fine, if it was something that needed to be changed...

imo, anyway, i don't really follow the market that closely... so ye.

[T]
#hi

Most textures coming out of request shops were shit anyway. By making people use the Requests board we hope to increase the overall quality of textures.
Originally Posted by BirdFlu View Post
The reason we banned request shops is becuase they are pointless. Everything achieved by them can be done using the requests forum, with the added bonus that requests in the forum stimulate a larger number of users to post artwork, and raises the overall standard of sets.

Hm, I wonder how you came by that judgement.

Most, if not all of the high quality artists run by request shops, right? (well, 'ran'...)

Request subforum and request shop are 2 completely different things, and it seems like the similarity in names has confused you...
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
Originally Posted by Gorman View Post
Most, if not all of the high quality artists run by request shops, right? (well, 'ran'...)

Yes, this is exactly my point. For a user to request a texture, he had to either make a choice between a large number of 'high quality' texture request shops, or post in the requests board, which was generally of a lower quality, because most of the more skilled texturers did not work outside of their own stores. Now, the only place where request artists can work is on the requests board, which means that users no longer have to make a hard choice, and pay and inflated prices, or settle for a sub-standard texture. Texture artists will continue to make great quality work, but to a wider audience, and their work will increase in standard because of the increase in competition.
Quit, probably.
I'm not quite sure how that's much of a hard choice. Users generally would browse request shops because they more than likely would contain examples of the artists work. All the user would have to do is a find an artist with a style that appealed to the him and make a request in the request thread. If the user couldn't find an artist with an appealing style, he could post in the requests board in hopes of finding a set that's right for him. It's not that hard of a decision. In fact, by removing the request shops, you will most likely discourage people from texturing if their textures are repeatedly being out beaten by the high end texture sets. A request shop often allowed an artist to become known and help him practice texturing.

In my opinion, by removing request shops, you have Hirt the texturing market as a whole.

[RAWR]NutHug: I CAN MAKE DIAPER BROWN
Originally Posted by Takkrala View Post
^ long story short. you basicly put the newcomers down.

If you can't compete with the leading competition you can't survive. Welcome to the world of business. This is built to suit the customer as any marketplace should.