Ranking
To each his own I guess, I just think that the dubstep part is rather destructive to the song itself. It feels more natural and flows better as a song with it cut out.

But alas, I'm a metal guy I don't listen to this House/dubstep stuff at all, so I'm not really well versed in it's ways.
This is the Emergency Alert System. All normal programming has been discontinued during this emergency.
The song in the OP was pretty boring. The drop wasn't even good.
i have a totally post modern tattoo of a scalene triangle.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
<DeadorK> if the cum is going to be in your mouth
<DeadorK> it shall be in mine as well
Wooaaaahhhh finally i find some toribash players that listen to deadmau5!!!! anyway, yes, Strobe is always the best (also hi friend and ghosts'n'stuff), but in the last album isn't so bad. i really like Cthulhu sleeps, Animal rights, A city in florida and Bad selection.
-----
Originally Posted by Helucinate View Post
I disagree, dubstep is beautiful in its own right, and at that point in the song the singers voice is lesser to the music itself. Yes it is rather dirty, but technicaly speaking its a phenominal drop, and it realy hits home well.
but in art somebody didnt start pasinting Van Gough's ear in because it offended them that he had no ear or started painting over the child like penises on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel because they were paedophilic? No Im just kidding. I love remixes but I did find this particular one destructive.

True true, I suppose FLOABN is a lot harder as far as house goes and Ghosts and Stuff is over played

yeah it destroy a bit the beautiful piano chords, but the title is 'Raise your weapon' not 'Shot me i'm happy' or something like that, so i think that Deadmau5 wanted to make some noisy dubstep to give the idea of the pain that war causes
Last edited by Gadasara; Jan 19, 2011 at 09:42 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Well if that was the point he certainly cause that pain with me at least.
This is the Emergency Alert System. All normal programming has been discontinued during this emergency.
Originally Posted by Gadasara View Post
Wooaaaahhhh finally i find some toribash players that listen to deadmau5!!!! anyway, yes, Strobe is always the best (also hi friend and ghosts'n'stuff), but in the last album isn't so bad. i really like Cthulhu sleeps, Animal rights, A city in florida and Bad selection.
-----

yeah it destroy a bit the beautiful piano chords, but the title is 'Raise your weapon' not 'Shot me i'm happy' or something like that, so i think that Deadmau5 wanted to make some noisy dubstep to give the idea of the pain that war causes

Im not so sure about that, I realy think Deadmau5 is a world class musician who is capable of wonders and doesnt inhibit himself by sticking to one genre this can be clearly seen by his movement across the various sub genres of House music. The dubstep in Raise your weapon is rather dirty but not filthy so as to be death dub. I think it creates a brilliant juxteposition in this song making it ultimately very postmodern. The final reason why I dont think he did it to give the idea of the pain war causes is because in an interview I heard over the radio with him he said that he was planning on doing alot more dubstep.

Ps I love Deadmau5 with a passion have all his albums
Masqued
Originally Posted by Helucinate View Post
Im not so sure about that, I realy think Deadmau5 is a world class musician who is capable of wonders and doesnt inhibit himself by sticking to one genre this can be clearly seen by his movement across the various sub genres of House music. The dubstep in Raise your weapon is rather dirty but not filthy so as to be death dub. I think it creates a brilliant juxteposition in this song making it ultimately very postmodern. The final reason why I dont think he did it to give the idea of the pain war causes is because in an interview I heard over the radio with him he said that he was planning on doing alot more dubstep.

Ps I love Deadmau5 with a passion have all his albums

yeah, Deadmau5 is the best artist in the world!!!!! i really love his sound