Toribash
1. I do agree, and I think that this fact is only made worse by the forums and it's given memes and inside jokes at any specific time. Hive mind pops up a lot here. Toribash also appeales to a different part of the personality than other games. In other game you can blow shit up and kill and be quick, in TB you have to plan, be precise, and creative.

2. It's pretty small, I have shown the game to several people in person, none of whom have liked it all too well.
Organisation of Awesome: Member.
It attracts younger people because of the gore and violence.
It attracts older people because of the strategic aspects, creative freedom, and the steep learning curve.

Also yeah, if you're a kid who's hooked, it's doubtful your friends will also have the time or patience to master a game like toribash.
Buy TC for a great price here! http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=240345
Buy VIP and Toriprime for a great price here! http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=237249

Hey look more than two lines.
Originally Posted by Squirre1 View Post
Only me and another friend of mine play this at school. And Ive showed it to some of my friends and they played for like 3 minutes and were like "Man wtf this is gay". Most of the people i see here on toribash are rather intelligent. I think its because people like us seek out challenges rather than running away from them and try to conquer when others give up and fail

YES, toribash is for people who like a challenge, and don't expect instant gratification from everything they try, im going to quote something I heard 'most people knowadays are in fast mode, music is like fast food, its good if they can move their head to it but they don't care about the meaning'

Iv also found almost no toribashers listen to pop, which is why I made this connection, we don't need instant gratification, and we recognize some of the best things take a well to find.

This transfers to other aspects i.e intelligence, most people who want instant gratification are not going to learn much.

Iv also seen many toribashers try very technically or physically demanding things such as skateboarding (the only friend that iv shown toribash too and picked it up for a long amount of time is also the only skateboard friend I know), which require a similar commitment of time and effort before becoming very fun.
[sigpic][/sigpic]
From a looong time ago:
[21:56]<Blam>ManBreakfast: Frunk wants to know why you banned him from IRC
[21:56]<ManBreakfast>oh, fuck
[21:56]=-=Mode #toribash -b Frunk!*Frankie'sip by ManBreakfast
Originally Posted by Frunk View Post
YES, toribash is for people who like a challenge, and don't expect instant gratification from everything they try, im going to quote something I heard 'most people knowadays are in fast mode, music is like fast food, its good if they can move their head to it but they don't care about the meaning'

Iv also found almost no toribashers listen to pop, which is why I made this connection, we don't need instant gratification, and we recognize some of the best things take a well to find.

This transfers to other aspects i.e intelligence, most people who want instant gratification are not going to learn much.

Iv also seen many toribashers try very technically or physically demanding things such as skateboarding (the only friend that iv shown toribash too and picked it up for a long amount of time is also the only skateboard friend I know), which require a similar commitment of time and effort before becoming very fun.

Oh my fuck, yes! I have just noticed that. We actually listen to quality music, and stop to think about it.
Not really Discussion material. I'll be moving this to Rapid Threads.

Also, I'll be posting a response to the OP later.
Not giving a fuck about hurricanes is pretty badass - Fee

#ItemRights!
i agree that toribash is a game where not that much people play. The reson being is that when i play toribash with my friends they say the game is a silly slow mo crap game. but i dont think that. i think it is awesome.
Originally Posted by dalir View Post
we're all maladjusted misfits. the thing is, the asshole 12yr olds behave just as badly in this game as they do in any game, even as they do in more "normal" games.

I'm no asshole :c

People who play Toribash usually have a passion for one of the many things that Toribash offers that some of us can't do irl.

For example: Parkour, skateboarding, punching a guy's head off for no reason, etc.

I told my friends about toribash and they all play.
Originally Posted by Frunk View Post
I'm going to quote something I heard 'most people nowadays are in fast mode, music is like fast food, it's good if they can move their head to it but they don't care about the meaning'

I've also found almost no toribashers listen to pop, which is why I made this connection, we don't need instant gratification, and we recognize some of the best things take a well to find.

I agree with the rest of what you said but this is straight up elitism. First of all that quote is pretty obviously just somebody who just hasn't listened to any good pop seeing as he/she thinks none of it has a meaning.

Secondly you seem to think that you would know if people on Toribash listened to pop, do you go onto servers and have polls? Because if you don't then that is a bit of a flaw in your theory.

Thirdly, liking instant gratification isn't the same as not being able to commit, and it certainly doesn't mean that they are unintelligent. That last bit is the worst of all, you seriously think that what music somebody listens to is related to intelligence? What if somebody was simply raised in a household where that kind of music was played?

In fact, even your idea of what intelligence is, is wrong. Intelligence isn't simply learning things, knowing calculus or how many bits there are in an yottabyte all of that is knowledge, which is different. That isn't to say that knowledge doesn't let intelligence shine but intelligence it is about creating a new way to solve a problem on the fly, or not making conclusions where there are none to be made. And again wanting instant gratification isn't the same as not appreciating things that take longer
I found this game on a disc from a magazine(by accident) and I geuss we are all in the same boat,I have shown many ppl this great great game,I even took it into a board meeting and everyone thinks I'm crazy, (maybe we all are,lol.),I even hooked it up in a mate's cinema(friggin huge screen,lol), Any way,I think I cant say any more than what Deady and Frunk have said, ,the best thing I see about TB is that it is always here when you need it,and here to stay. I would like to one day hopefully get permission to paint my drag car with the TB logo on it to show my appreciation,(but it is just an idea atm).

(some times I just let it go in the background showing the replays like a screen saver for ppl to see,lol)
p.s. I think i got a bit of topic,lol.

OMG,This was not posted by me!,It was my B'day and my mates typed it.(I was drunk as). Even though it's all true.(Any way,I think a TB paint job would be awesome as I have done many themes on my cars.)
Last edited by EcoHitman; Dec 31, 2010 at 12:37 AM. Reason: The Real Me!
My computer beats me at chess,but not at boxing!