Toribash
ya, but the 8800gtx wont last much longer...

the last pc would be hundreds for toribash, no complaints at all.
i would still rather go a bit higher on the gfx card though. 5770 is a very popular card atm. the main difference(im just guessing here) is that the 5570 is ddr3, while the 5770 is ddr5.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
If you want a kickass graphics card for a semi-cheap price around 300$~ on amazon or a site similar, you should get the 5850, the performance of it will blow your mind. (unless you get something even higher..)
Originally Posted by Lume View Post
If you want a kickass graphics card for a semi-cheap price around 300$~ on amazon or a site similar, you should get the 5850, the performance of it will blow your mind. (unless you get something even higher..)

I'd say the 460 1GB is now a better choice, it only just lags behind the 5850 by a hairs breadth, and is $70 to $80 cheeper, not to mention runs and an incredibly low temperature, with only the stock cooler, leaving awesome OCing room.
Last edited by Vox; Jul 13, 2010 at 09:29 PM.
Originally Posted by Voxus View Post
I'd say the 460 1GB is now a better choice, it only just lags the 5850 behind by a hairs breadth, and is $70 to $80 cheeper, not to mention runs and an incredibly low temperature, with only the stock cooler.

I only saw them at the cheapest sites for 500$+..
I only saw them at the cheapest sites for 500$+..

http://www.google.com/products?hl=en...-8&sa=N&tab=wf

The 768 version has already reached it's market retail price of $200, the 1GB version isn't in high enough production, but the Recommended Retail Price is $230. The only place I could find near the RRP didn't have the correct image: http://www.provantage.com/gigabyte-t...i~4GIG90EW.htm

Even the people that have the 4601GB not yet at RRP had it at $280, so not exactly $500, I think you are thinking of a different graphics card, possibly the 480?.

The 460 is the latest fermi card, and is also the first one worth buying.
Last edited by Vox; Jul 13, 2010 at 09:23 PM.
Okay, I swear the first time I looked it up on amazon they were all 500.

Perhaps you searched the very hour they were lunched? Either way, check the RRP on reviews next time.

Example:
http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/gra...-card-review/1
Originally Posted by BenDover View Post
ya, but the 8800gtx wont last much longer...

the last pc would be hundreds for toribash, no complaints at all.
i would still rather go a bit higher on the gfx card though. 5770 is a very popular card atm. the main difference(im just guessing here) is that the 5570 is ddr3, while the 5770 is ddr5.

i know it wont last much longer i'm just making a reference as to the fact that my card can run raytracing just fine, so basically my point being you don't need to go all out on a graphics card to get that extra effect, your pc with a 5830 ati will handle it no problem but i would still go with the geforce 460 as that's one hell of a deal
Last edited by Organ; Jul 13, 2010 at 11:44 PM.
You don't say?
Originally Posted by Organ View Post
i know it wont last much longer i'm just making a reference as to the fact that my card can run raytracing just fine, so basically my point being you don't need to go all out on a graphics card to get that extra effect, your pc with a 5830 ati will handle it no problem but i would still go with the geforce 460 as that's one hell of a deal

If someone gets a gaming computer/fairly high end, i'm pretty sure it won't just be for toribash.