Toribash
Originally Posted by BloodTori View Post
Project Natal has been renamed and now its called "Kinect"

here are some videos:

Sports
Adventures

feel free to post your thoughts on this.

your stupid, project natal was its code name, now it is finished its called kinects
Face recognition is about the only cool feature I think. And the estimated $150 is too much. Also, a question, does it work on all xbox 360's or only the new slim? Could not find an answer anywhere
Originally Posted by tagknife View Post
your stupid, project natal was its code name, now it is finished its called kinects

so what? is it about the name or the product?
Toribash Breakdancing Tutorials
The Real Gentlemen | Dead and Forgotten | To The Top
my biology teacher knows 2 of the 3 main people who came up with natal. or kinect w/e
This user's signature has been removed due to Terms of Service violation ~
Originally Posted by thejodash View Post
Face recognition is about the only cool feature I think. And the estimated $150 is too much. Also, a question, does it work on all xbox 360's or only the new slim? Could not find an answer anywhere

yes it works for all Xbox 360's
Anime United
I have been a nintendo fan for years and I am concerned that Natal or whatever it's new name is reaches out way more to us than to its own customers.

If you want party games, it's Wii or bust. Anyone who has played Mario Party 8 or Mario Kart for the Wii knows exactly what I am talking about.

The posts above were right, microsoft is all about zombies, shooters, harsh melee fighting, etc. Games like Halo and Prototype. Not as graphic heavy as the PS3 but certainly overcoming the graphics of the Wii. I can't see this play into that theme. IMO: It's going to gain a few nintendo customers and lose lots of faithful microsoft fans.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
Originally Posted by Hxcbbqimo View Post
I have been a nintendo fan for years and I am concerned that Natal or whatever it's new name is reaches out way more to us than to its own customers.

If you want party games, it's Wii or bust. Anyone who has played Mario Party 8 or Mario Kart for the Wii knows exactly what I am talking about.

The posts above were right, microsoft is all about zombies, shooters, harsh melee fighting, etc. Games like Halo and Prototype. Not as graphic heavy as the PS3 but certainly overcoming the graphics of the Wii. I can't see this play into that theme. IMO: It's going to gain a few nintendo customers and lose lots of faithful microsoft fans.

Sony is kind of the mix of the two, alot of fps like mw2, alot of action like heavy rain (which is imo the best graphical game on the market for a console), and also alot of multiplayer games, like littlebigplanet, and ModNation Racers. i honestly dont like this whole kinect, its like the eye toy for ps2, but alot more sleek looking. this is trying to turn the xbox360 into a family friendly system, like the wii, but it wont work.$130 is a hella lot of money for a freken camera to hook up to a game.
Originally Posted by jetsnix View Post
Sony is kind of the mix of the two, alot of fps like mw2, alot of action like heavy rain (which is imo the best graphical game on the market for a console), and also alot of multiplayer games, like littlebigplanet, and ModNation Racers. i honestly dont like this whole kinect, its like the eye toy for ps2, but alot more sleek looking. this is trying to turn the xbox360 into a family friendly system, like the wii, but it wont work.$130 is a hella lot of money for a freken camera to hook up to a game.

It's not just a camera. Also, the xbox has been trying to be family friendly since it introduced parental control and you know.. family friendly games. You're acting like they're trying desperately to reach the family friendly market when they really aren't. They're just expanding on what they already have.

Anyway. Kinect has its limitations. I personally would've liked something that could control the direction you move in, like a joystick. You wouldn't really need any other buttons since any attacking/deflecting would be done by you, not the A button. Since there is no joystick.. I don't know how they're going to implement this with RPGs, sports, etc. Oh well.
I think that Kinect has potential but the shit they're using it for now is just stupid. They're just trying to steal some of Nintendos audience by trying to embrace the party games when that's not what their core audience is. This thing is one of the main reasons their press conference at E3 sucked so bad.

The only interesting thing so far i've heard is that the next Forza Motorsport and Fable game will support it.
FUCKING MAGNETS EVERYWHERE IN THIS BITCH