Ranking
Originally Posted by Omrega View Post
"Redneck" Is a very crude misinterpretation of Texas. I assure you if you come down here it will be way different then what you have thought. Also most of the people here in Allen don't know what to do with money, we already have the largest band in the U.S. the arts/educational system is also one of the best in the country. So there is really no other place to put the money into good use except for splurging it on attractions.

DERIDOR:

For example (I don't know if this is actually from Texas, but hey) Texas instruments. They have loads of calculators and other technological items used for these educational things you were bawwing about.

I frankly, am most likely a redneck than he is, I mean, really. If you want to see some stereotypical rednecks, check out southern Indiana in the counties that touch Kentucky. Besides, Texas has more of a "cowboy" stereotype (that I KNOW isn't always true) than a redneck one. Research a little before insulting someone blindly, ok?

On the topic, that does sound like a big investment. This only proves how smart people there are. Just think all the things they are doing that involve education: engineering, architects, building disigners/planners, and the ever-important budget running people (whatever that job is called) that are in charge of even starting the thing in the first place.

Just-- Deridor... just don't ever make a comment like that again. I almost took it as offensively as Omrega did.
Last edited by MrManiac; Apr 16, 2010 at 03:44 AM. Reason: ooooh snap grammar nazi attack
I DID SIR
HE'S MY COUSIN
Man. My university doesnt even have a football stadium. And you guys have one that can rival most nfl stadiums D:

I remember when i was in high school, as a freshman they told us that they would build us a stadium and we would graduate in it. That never happened \o/ It's been a few years since ive graduated and I think they finally started building it. Nothing close to this though

Also, is the school in general rich? I mean, are they actually sacrificing some educational expenditures for the stadium, or can they pay for both (like rich douches )
5:13 PM - vasp: everybody's nuts is so good
[00:18:38] <&vespesi3n> you should see when i swallow
[21:49:37] <&vespesi3n> >my mouth when
[21:49:43] <&vespesi3n> >my tastebuds when
They can pay for both EASILY
check out our highschool and other schools :V
for 9th grade
there is a separate "high schoolesque" building with a seperate football stadium (seats 8,000, up to 12,000 w/ additional seats) , a sports facility, a weight room facility, and indoor air conditioned football field.

http://www.allentx.com/portals/Allen...images/AHS.jpg
that's about half of the schools length... seriously.

582,000 sq.ft. housing 5,000 + (est.) students (grades 10-12)
177 acres

a sports facility, a weight room facility, a training facility and indoor air conditioned football field.

if that means anything

oh that's not all
Allen sports 21 schools including 16 elementary schools
check them all out at
allenisd.org

the event center which was recently built
http://www.cityofallen.org/siteconte...nter-Night.jpg
contains a
http://www.txcn.com/sharedcontent/dw...enevent450.jpg
and a stage center

and many other stuff that I won't be listing...
I remember when I first moved to allen 10 years ago when everywhere was rural grasslands... Now its bustling with random accommodations everywhere you go.
Last edited by Mrama; Apr 16, 2010 at 09:45 AM.
"A study of the history of opinion is a necessary preliminary to the emancipation of the mind" - John Maynard Keynes
Wow. That must suck, really.

I highly doubt something like that would happen where I am, though. The most activity here might end up being Butt Drugs, since Ellen had it on her show, according to people at my school.

As of now, all I have going on in my neighborhood is a housing district being built, and it's pretty much done for now. (Unless you count harrison county being close to Louisville, where they're making that new stadium and all)
I DID SIR
HE'S MY COUSIN
holy shit... $60 million on a football stadium is an outrageous sum of money.
i went to school in the UK and the building was a throwback to the '60s, It was an absolutely horrendous place that they have been talking about rebuilding for years....but...they couldnt get ahold of the £3million needed.
so yeah, $60 million...ff sake...
Maybe they will build an amusement park next.

The place i live doesn't even have a decent soccer field. I think you should go play football in that $60 million stadium.
<3