Toribash
Originally Posted by apple View Post
for example, ultravegetarian progressive experimental post-jazz-fusion ska is a bit exaggerated.

hehe yeah

Originally Posted by GenkiSudo
oriental rapcore

=|

honestly it's just 'rock' ffs.

if you're posting an ad or whatever don't expect anyone to bother replying if you say you want to form an ''oriental rapcore'' band. Deciding what sort of music a band is gonna play based on one video that one guy in the band saw one time on the internet is just dumb.
Originally Posted by H4rl3quin View Post
hehe yeah

=|

honestly it's just 'rock' ffs.

if you're posting an ad or whatever don't expect anyone to bother replying if you say you want to form an ''oriental rapcore'' band. Deciding what sort of music a band is gonna play based on one video that one guy in the band saw one time on the internet is just dumb.

lol. Rock is a very ambiguous term.

I said oriental only because they're speaking Japanese, its not like its a sub-genre.
Its Rapcore because thats the appropriated term to define the fusion between rock and rap. In a way the vocalist is rapping, if you listen to it.

Clawfinger, Rage Against The Machine, Stuck Mojo and some others are some of the veterans of the rapcore scene.
Although I agree with you on how it is kinda ridiculous to decide right away to form a band just because of a video seen on the internet.
Last edited by GenkiSudo; Apr 2, 2010 at 05:56 PM.
"There is enough on earth for everybody's need, but not for everyone's greed." - Mohandas Gandhi
Originally Posted by apple View Post
Well, yeah, flat-out genres like Blues, Rock, Jazz, Hip-hop, etc, are fine, but, for example, ultravegetarian progressive experimental post-jazz-fusion ska is a bit exaggerated. Like you, overclassifying is what I'm against.

Overall I don't agree with you, but I understand your frustration. But you have to understand that as a music genre evolves, it becomes very characteristic and so thats when you need all these sub-genres to classify it.
You can call them whatever you want though, nobody forces you to use the more specific sub-genres that they fit in... Its meant for hierarchical classification... Its for identification purposes only.
Of course that "ultravegetarian progressive experimental post-jazz-fusion ska" will never be the case. That happens only when a band is eclectic and therefore it doesn't belong to a single fusion genre. When that happens you don't have to develop a phrase like that, you just name the associated genres independently, otherwise it might be misleading for people who are looking for something specific.

For example, how do you define the band Dark Lunacy? You have to name the genres. So its Melodic/Symphonic Death Metal.
If you just name it "death metal" which is already a subgenre of metal music, then you might have a fucked up surprise when you hear this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEq6HZTHu4g
Last edited by GenkiSudo; Apr 2, 2010 at 06:14 PM.
"There is enough on earth for everybody's need, but not for everyone's greed." - Mohandas Gandhi
Originally Posted by GenkiSudo View Post
Overall I don't agree with you, but I understand your frustration. But you have to understand that as a music genre evolves, it becomes very characteristic and so thats when you need all these sub-genres to classify it.
You can call them whatever you want though, nobody forces you to use the more specific sub-genres that they fit in... Its meant for hierarchical classification... Its for identification purposes only.
Of course that "ultravegetarian progressive experimental post-jazz-fusion ska" will never be the case. That happens only when a band is eclectic and therefore it doesn't belong to a single fusion genre. When that happens you don't have to develop a phrase like that, you just name the associated genres, otherwise it might be misleading for people who are looking for something specific.

For example, how do you define the band Dark Lunacy? You have to name the genres. So its Melodic/Symphonic Death Metal.
If you just name it "death metal", then you might have a fucked up surprise when you hear this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEq6HZTHu4g

I was bantering about the need to classify, which I find it's very little, not the actual differentiation it provides. I understand the classification, and I understand why it happens. I just happen to disagree with it, because I think it's an exaggeration...

Anyway, I won't be drawn into discussing this, because it's pointless and I'm a stubborn person.

Well I think my question has been answered thanks to genki. The first song he posted is very similar so I guess rapcore is the name I was looking for. No use continuing discussion here
If you post rapcore in your ad, you are not going to get what you want.

Ask for post-house jazzcore
i have a totally post modern tattoo of a scalene triangle.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
<DeadorK> if the cum is going to be in your mouth
<DeadorK> it shall be in mine as well
Originally Posted by War_Hero View Post
If you post rapcore in your ad, you are not going to get what you want.

Ask for post-house jazzcore

Well... He wont get what he wants that way either... He'll probably get thrown offstage by classifying himself as something he's not.
Lol didn't knew "Music Chat" subsection of the forum was homologous to wibbles...