Endurance Onslaught 6.0
Originally Posted by Murmayder View Post
I think having 3 of the green or red shells revolving around you is the best protection you can get when in the lead.

You cant boost away from blue shells if you have shells hovering you. You also need an item in your posession to avoid POW.
Originally Posted by m0o View Post
You cant boost away from blue shells if you have shells hovering you. You also need an item in your posession to avoid POW.

There's really only 2 ways to avoid the blue shell and same goes for POW.

Blue Shell:
1. Be inside the bullet at the time of impact
2. Be already in mid air after being hit by something else.

POW:
1. Press the trick button at the right time
2. Be in mid air, either from a jump or another opponents attack at the right time.

Obviously having the revolving shells isn't the ultimate defense but it's the best you can get whilst being in first place. on the other hand, I like starting off in last place and getting a bullet and then moving into first, bullet is the best thing in the game IMO because not only do you destroy everything in your path, but you also don't have to drive.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ALL HAIL THE METAPHOR!!
Originally Posted by Murmayder View Post
Blue Shell:
1. Be inside the bullet at the time of impact
2. Be already in mid air after being hit by something else..

You can boost away from it the moment it starts to fall
omfg m00 is right CTR racing is best game evar.

also, im king at mariokart wii.natural gamer.
*****MW2$$PROD*****
*BEAST^360'S^BEAST*
Use the remote + nunchuk, light person on the magikruiser.

For pows, shake your remote just as it is about to hit. You'll lose your item, but you won't stop.
<lumpysolo> ermergerd it's jalis <lumpysolo> love u too jalis <3
<jalis> you are worthless <jalis> ignored for my sanity
Originally Posted by m0o View Post
You can boost away from it the moment it starts to fall

Didn't know that one, but I guess I haven't really had the chance to figure it out considering whenever I'm in first place I rarely have anything to boost with.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ALL HAIL THE METAPHOR!!
MARIO KART WII FTW! \o/

Blue Shells PFFFFFFF! Just like any impact if you time pressing the accelerator at the right time you can boost after they hit you, thus making them pointless (still annoying). Same with if you fall off the track.

TBH I'd be happier if certain items were removed, lightning, blue shells, POWs - they're just faggot items for people who suck at the game. Bullet Bill's are kinda acceptable, easily avoided & you'll just overtake the loser that used it anyway.

That Sonic racer thing suffers the same sort of problems, a few game breaking items. :s

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
MARIO KART WII FTW! \o/

Blue Shells PFFFFFFF! Just like any impact if you time pressing the accelerator at the right time you can boost after they hit you, thus making them pointless (still annoying). Same with if you fall off the track.

TBH I'd be happier if certain items were removed, lightning, blue shells, POWs - they're just faggot items for people who suck at the game. Bullet Bill's are kinda acceptable, easily avoided & you'll just overtake the loser that used it anyway.

That Sonic racer thing suffers the same sort of problems, a few game breaking items. :s

Totally agree with you.

Can you explain the whole boost after getting hit and falling off the track bit?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ALL HAIL THE METAPHOR!!
Any impact in online MKWii can be boosted off. Offline it only works when you fall off the track but you gotta love the server glitches that allow weapons to cause it. ;)

Basically just as you hit the floor press the accelerator & off you go. Same with falling, when Lakitu drops you press the accelerator & if you time it right you'll be off like a rocket.

It provides the same boost as super-boosting off the start line, and on tracks like Rainbow Road or the ghost house it's a god send for the occasions where you screw up.

*edit*

CBA posting friend codes, but I do play it a lot online & it's not like I'm hard to spot ;) Normally have a guest with me (like when H4rl was playing as Fritzle)

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Awesome, thanks man

I don't have it online atm but I'm seriously considering it, especially now that I know I'll have someone to play with:P
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ALL HAIL THE METAPHOR!!