Toribash
Spectator / Leave = Lose would help!

+ the same IP only 1 time in an official Match (The real servers)

It would help a lot..
I'm sure, they'd have to change the entire system to do that one thing. So just deal with it, or leave the server.
Originally Posted by pub View Post
I'm sure, they'd have to change the entire system to do that one thing. So just deal with it, or leave the server.

What are you talking about? O.o

It's just: leave/go spec during battle = lose
And blocking the second ident IP adress is easy too..

You're using this method too, I'm right? -.-
There was long debate about this over in the Suggestions sub-forum.

A few points made:

1. We can't let the person who didn't leave win the fight, because then you could easily farm. People could just join and spec endlessly, giving the other person lots of wins.

2. It wouldn't be fair to punish the leaver, because real life happens, and you gotta leave the room for whatever reason.

Again, these were just the two main points made, and I don't necessarily support them. There were probably more, old thread.

What I would want is if the other person leaves, you still get to save your replay.
Originally Posted by pub View Post
So just deal with it, or leave the server.

"Just deal with it"? 70% of public games I play end up with the prick leaving if I'm winning, official servers and user-made. This actually makes me not want to play Toribash, and I'm not surprised if new members are bailing out. Yeah, there isn't any solution that works 100%, but conforming to the issue isn't something you should ever do.

Assholes have made me rageface since I started playing this goddamn game.

Also, I'm agreeing with Deejay, being able to salvage your replay would help alot.
Last edited by dalir; Jan 4, 2010 at 10:31 AM.
|11:33| »» [shark] so you're saying that you just paid 80 euros for pussy
|11:33| »» [Quit] [x] shark [pee@NUP-6C9C98D4.elisa-laajakaista.fi] [Quit:]
In my whole Toribash career, I haven't encountered many ragequitters. I'm 8th dan, and I've probably met a total of around 10.
Might be something with the timezone and such.
Hm... why would it be so bad to punish a leaver? I mean you get only punished when its YOUR fight! Often there are 3-8 Players in one room... there is so often a chance to leave without getting punished by this system..

So go to spec / leave during _your own battle_ = lose!

Thats the solution
Isn't going to happen for the reasons DeeJayy and many others have pointed out.
[19:39] <Birdflu> I'm just sad that I can't give myself one
[19:39] <Birdflu> I'd have a great time
While this is annoying, you can't really expect to leaving in the middle of a fight to be classed as a loss for the fact that not all leaves during fights are because of ragequits. For example I have a terrible internet connection which frequently causes me to ping out during matches. Or the players game could crash or some such scenario, my point being you can't punnish the person who leaves because then they rageface if it wasn't their fault AND have to re-open and re-join the server just to have to wait for their turn again. Basically it works best how it is, in my opinion at least.

The mechanism for saving your replays could be worked into the auto-save feature, which in itself could be done better, but thats another story.
Last edited by TeapoT; Jan 4, 2010 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Why don't I read these before I post?
[Torigod]
ok people understand this if you create this new system you will just end up with countless farmers its not a good idea and my toribash game has crashed on me before i dont want to be punished when it crashes? In reality This just isnt going to happen because it creates more negatives than positives
http://www.toribash.com/usercard/Zero4x20.png

When you smoke the herb it reveals you to yourself -Bob Marley