Toribash
Originally Posted by Nobuddie View Post
I used to have a replay thread, (holy shit way back more than a year) and when I got comments, they were nice and detailed (thank you so much archlurps), it always made me feel good.

Then people starting paying attention to my replays, but stop giving a fuck to comment, so I usually also got 10 views but just 1-2 comments.

Take a look at Rutzor (o7): He posted a replay, 1 day later it had mostly like 70+ views, but just 10+- comments, see the parallelism? Even guys like Rutz don't get so much attention as they actually should, technically.

tl;dr version: People are lazy and suck balls.

B'awwwwwww

It's actually true.
Well, thank you to the people who didn't just tell me to stfu. I know I'm being whiney, and I knew it when I was writing. I'm just saying it because from these comments, it seems other people are having the same problem as me.
[T] ~~~~~> [Tigma] <~~~~~ [Sigma]
You should totally join my fanclub.
It's what sprytryne said, nearly every replay maker has the same problem. A new thread nets you about 3-4 comments, with luck. And then it gets less quickly. I hardly make threads anymore, because it dies after a few comments anyway. What also bothers me is that when you post an awesome replay you don't get criticism anymore, just "Kewl","Awesome" or stuff like that. Let's all post more now.
Thanks for the Avatar, MrAakash
...hmm...

I'm thinking up what we could do.

Perhaps something like the best replay makers (as determined by a completely unreliable third party) could get their own stickies for their time as replay creators... maybe throw in some nice side bonuses to make people actually try harder to make decent replays too...
Squad Squad Squad lead?
The standardization of Toribash Squad roles may have gone too far!
It's people's choice whether they comment on replays or not, you can't change that. I get hardly any comments in my thread but I really don't mind that much.

Think of it this way: If you get 20 views but only 2 comments, the 20 views still mean 20 people have watched that replay, which means people are still being impressed by your skill and increasing your reputation as a replay maker, which is why you post the replays in the first place.
[19:39] <Birdflu> I'm just sad that I can't give myself one
[19:39] <Birdflu> I'd have a great time
My OLDA vid had 108 comments. I thought that was fantastic. But it has 3,934 views.
Most of the time, people are too lazy to post at all. :[
infamous
I really fail to see why this is such a problem with you guys. I could see if the comments were "you fucking suck, gtfo" Then I think there would be a problem worth addressing. But as it is I don't see how anything could be done to "improve" things.

If you make a replay, or a vid, its always great to get positive feedback, but the bottom line is you do those things for yourself.

Meamme0 actually brings a good point imo though. I remember a while back there was a rule in place that said you had to go into some amount of detail when commenting, because posts of "ZOMG awesome!!" dont really do anything. But even then, I used to comment the hell out of replays (I even wrote like 3 pages on shooks replays) but anymore I just cba to do it because it takes a lot of time and work. And as far as I know Archlups stopped doing it in part because his replays weren't commented in a similar way.
Organisation of Awesome: Member.
Originally Posted by suomynona View Post
...hmm...

I'm thinking up what we could do.

Perhaps something like the best replay makers (as determined by a completely unreliable third party) could get their own stickies for their time as replay creators... maybe throw in some nice side bonuses to make people actually try harder to make decent replays too...

Good idea.
lel.

That'd work, although I may or may not decide to do it that way (actually I was thinking massive multiple choice polls).

Amusing how everyone says it's "just life" and completely ignores my attempts to do something about it.

YAYS OR NAYS YOU PEOPLE.

I'm not just going to do something to solve all troubles for no reason.
Squad Squad Squad lead?
The standardization of Toribash Squad roles may have gone too far!
Yay from here.

\o/

Not that i expect to be chosen, but still, anything that brings more activity to the Replays board is welcome in my opinion.
<Blam|Homework> oiubt veubg
various places to find me lol