Ranking
I think the difference is GameKeepers are more open based and willing to accept events and ideas. The PT are more of a private organization.
The only concrete difference between the two is that promo does community things like the event express, achievements, as well as hosting, and the gamekeepers don't.

Instead, the gamekeepers focus on hosting events, and to make up for that, they made the discussion for community projects, open, to the community.
the god
This is in response to Aspires post mainly.
And how would you know that? If someone had an idea for an event he could have sent a PM to one of us and he might have even received funding for it.
Open based, sure, I'll grant you that, however, there is already a Game Events board and a Design Events board, why you need another board to post events is beyond me. Perhaps for concepts and whatnot but even so those concepts could have been posted in the Game/Design events forum and then edited at a later date once its been confirmed/trashed.
As for the GameKeepers, they don't do a thing more than the PromoTeam did. Argue being open all you want, if you only cared to ask 1 day ago you would have found that PromoTeam members are open too. Thus, the GameKeepers are basically nothing but a shadow of what the Promoteam where. As of the time of this posting, they do not have an art team to make images for their events nor a dev team to create Videos.
This was an abrubt change, if there was any prior warning to this I missed it. This has succeeded in breaking the unity+teamwork of the old Promoteam. This isn't the Promoteam evolving. The Promoteam has been killed, it didn't die. And the Gamekeepers are the slightly deformed babies crawling from its corpse.
Originally Posted by culapou View Post
The only concrete difference between the two is that promo does community things like the event express, achievements, as well as hosting, and the gamekeepers don't.

Instead, the gamekeepers focus on hosting events, and to make up for that, they made the discussion for community projects, open, to the community.

So seeing as the Promoteam is gone, does that mean there will be no more Promoteam tourneys and events, and Gamekeepers will just watch over the events made by the community?
Originally Posted by Ele View Post
And how would you know that? If someone had an idea for an event he could have sent a PM to one of us and he might have even received funding for it.
Open based, sure, I'll grant you that, however, there is already a Game Events board and a Design Events board, why you need another board to post events is beyond me. Perhaps for concepts and whatnot but even so those concepts could have been posted in the Game/Design events forum and then edited at a later date once its been confirmed/trashed.
As for the GameKeepers, they don't do a thing more than the PromoTeam did. Argue being open all you want, if you only cared to ask 1 day ago you would have found that PromoTeam members are open too. Thus, the GameKeepers are basically nothing but a shadow of what the Promoteam where. As of the time of this posting, they do not have an art team to make images for their events nor a dev team to create Videos.
This was an abrubt change, if there was any prior warning to this I missed it. This has succeeded in breaking the unity+teamwork of the old Promoteam. This isn't the Promoteam evolving. The Promoteam has been killed, it didn't die. And the Gamekeepers are the slightly deformed babies crawling from its corpse.

Ouch bro.
Too far.

MY OPINION:

I think GameKeepers is much better since it is invites MORE FREELY the community to help with the events. It also has a free forum to discuss ideas and such. Rather the PT, you have to send PMs and wait for days to recieve an answer. It does not end there, you even have to wait IF they will approve it. It is nothing personal but I think GameKeepers are better.
And to 'discuss' your opinion, allow me to quote a response from the other thread about this matter.
But, to respond to your post; GameKeepers don't have an art team either. Or a development team. I'm all for 'openess', but could this not have been acheived by the Promoteam? They could have easily have made a board like this one open.
In this situation Nabi has just effectively broken up one of their teams. Their goes all of the teamwork and structure that they formulated over the past few months.
GameKeepers are a shittier version of the Promoteam. I've talked with Phail and heard word from Steve about it, they have no idea why or what is going on, following orders. Orders from who? Orders from Veb. So why doesn't veb post here in this thread or the one in Rapid Threads to explaing his reasoning? Easy, he doesn't have any reasoning for this.
Prove me wrong veb.

Putting an end to this before it gets further out of hand. This is not the appropriate place for this nonsense.
GameKeepers are the new group of people who will run events, and events will be a bit more open to the community now so everyone has a say in what is going on.
It's basically Promo Team without all of the nonsense and over complications.
Yes, it is a big change. Yes, it did come out of nowhere. But guess what, it's for the best.
Promoteam had problems. Too many members, too much inactivity, too much elitism.
Gamekeepers are going to be different in a big way. There will no longer be a single group of high-ups deciding on community fun-time. Instead, the community itself is going to be deeply involved.

- Gubbin

Also Ele, just because you are a bit butthurt due to your loss of position, doesn't give you the right to flame the newly founded GK group.
Closed.
Last edited by AlexOwnz; Dec 21, 2009 at 08:28 AM.
Back in my day...