Toribash
Originally Posted by Spaztic_One View Post
2.8 GHz PRocessor, I think it's dual core or dual thread, not sure which. You know the difference by chance (**doesn't feel like looking it up)?

Dual core means a single chip actually contains two CPUs. Older bi-processor systems actually had two separate CPU sockets. Dual core is cheaper to build and can also help performance since the multiple CPUs can use the same level 2 cache, saving (slow) bus transfers otherwise needed to synchronize caches.

"Multithreaded" processors (Intel calls that Hyperthreading) are single core processors that pretend to be multi-core. Apparently, the idea is to try and keep the CPU busy while one thread is blocked on (slow) bus access.

Most new computers nowadays use multi-core processors.

I hope that clarifies the difference between multi-core and multi-thread processors...

(If you found that informative, feel free to click the "REP" button.)
its spaz... nothing will ever be clarified with him =P

but yea, you should be fine if you were running a Dual core at 2.8GHZ each core... Although I dont think you have that because unless you are an awesome overclocker, or you are rich, 2cores running at 2.8 each is kinda out of reach right now =D

oh... HI GURU!!!!
5:13 PM - vasp: everybody's nuts is so good
[00:18:38] <&vespesi3n> you should see when i swallow
[21:49:37] <&vespesi3n> >my mouth when
[21:49:43] <&vespesi3n> >my tastebuds when