Toribash
Originally Posted by Arglax View Post
I'm surprised you didn't like Fallout.
I liked the quests, and the fact that you controll the storyline somehow;

I am surprised I did not like fallout too
maybe I should try it again...
Originally Posted by 4zb41 View Post
RPGs that got me addicted:
* Most Final Fantasy games (apart from 8 due to glitches in the psp version)
* Morrowind & Oblivion. Also Daggerfall back in the day. (Loved the first-person rpg style in the former, and huge world and quest variety in them all)
* Sacred (Somehow #2 didn't pique my interest quite as much)
* Fallout 3 (Until it started crashing in interiors, then I moved on to New Vegas)
* Grandia (lol wut)

Any FF, that is sp only, that u recommend?
Originally Posted by ThuyDez View Post
depends how you like to go about stuff

if you're a story / playability guy, definately Planescape.
If you're a graphics guy, you should probably wait 'til TES 5 comes out.

Planescape is epic, played it way back, just forgot to mention it
never got far tho since I did not have a PC back then, was a n64 fag. Time to try and get it, the flying skull promises hours of bliss
Originally Posted by bRuCiA View Post
Arcanum!
It's old(it came out togheter with Diablo 2..that's why anyone know it),but it's one of the best rpg(story and the freedom you have,make this game really one of the best ever).

U with u're Arcanum, xD
Originally Posted by Gorman View Post
Diablo 2 ftw.

The Witcher fighting system really pissed me off, its like "wow this is all it is".

NWN falls in to a different category, more traditionalist than ARPGs like Torchlight or DeathSpank.

(By the way add Torchlight and DeathSpank to the list of awesome games.)

Tourchlight is news to me, I totaly skipped when it came out, might try it
Spank gives my a horrible camera shake, I suppose it has something to do with my ati4850, tried newest drivers, tried older, nothing helps.

Originally Posted by Onamist View Post
If you enjoy Diablo II then you will enjoy Sacred and it's sequel. Think Diablo except a lot bigger and more difficult. In regards to Witcher, the vanilla game is absolute rubbish. Install the mega-patch/fixpack/complete overhaul. It makes the game so much better. I can't remember but I think you have to pay for it (it's cheap though).

Sacred harder? Shit, I find diablo 2 on hell very hard, unless u play with a group or use a exploit combo like Necromancer/Paladin.
Originally Posted by sid View Post
If you didn't like fallout, you will like new Vegas way less. Risen is meh, and DA2 has a combat system that you might not like, try mass effect.

Why is Risen meh?
What is DA2?
Originally Posted by jxc1013 View Post
Definitely Mass Effect.
I've never been all too much of an RPG guy, apart from Legend of the Dragoon when I was a kid, and I beat FFVII.

Mass Effect 1 and 2 were great, I recommend the hell out of them.

Mass Effect looks like a most likely candidate for purchase, do u recomend playing the first part, or just to get the 2nd part?
Originally Posted by Hippybob View Post
Divinity 2: The Dragon Knight Saga, TRY IT xO

O Hipster, odd u did not recommend Stalker. As for Divinity 2, I read a review that said its shit, tho the review was for x-box, are u joking me or is this rly a bad boy?

and after all, just to say what I am currently looking for atm:
open world, the bigger the better
knights, dragons... setting
some strategic moments in combat are appreciated
full voice acting
interesting storyline (not just the main, but preferably many interesting quests, a game that goes Kaiser Soze on me)
incredible graphics... I did not get my current PC to play 10 year old games

this is all prob a consequence of just finishing A Feast for Crows fantasy novel

off topic:
Assassins creed 2 for PC any good?
Any one know is read dead redemption coming out for PC and when?
Last edited by missuse; Dec 30, 2010 at 11:47 AM.
wishful eyes deceive me
Originally Posted by missuse View Post
and after all, just to say what I am currently looking for atm:
open world, the bigger the better
knights, dragons... setting
some strategic moments in combat are appreciated
full voice acting
interesting storyline (not just the main, but preferably many interesting quests, a game that goes Kaiser Soze on me)
incredible graphics... I did not get my current PC to play 10 year old games

Divinity 2 covers all of those IMO, the only problem I have with it is it took me 50 or so hours to do all the quests o_o but that was in ego draconis, the dragon knight saga should have more content :3

Also Mount and Blade: Warband
teh endless rpg
I R IRONMAN
Originally Posted by Hippybob View Post
Divinity 2 covers all of those IMO, the only problem I have with it is it took me 50 or so hours to do all the quests o_o but that was in ego draconis, the dragon knight saga should have more content :3

Also Mount and Blade: Warband
teh endless rpg

shit, u convinced me, Divinity it is
wishful eyes deceive me
Originally Posted by aerox21 View Post
Dragon Age 2

wait, I thought DA2 is not out yet?
wishful eyes deceive me
Lets talk more about Divinity 2, since I never heard of it before and it looks pretty cool.
It costs $50 on steam, which is expensive since the last 20 games I've bought on Steam combined barely cost that much.

Is it worth it? Make a thread for it please :L

By the way: Torchlight is like Diablo 2 on some mild LSD. Its cool.
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
Originally Posted by Gorman View Post
Lets talk more about Divinity 2, since I never heard of it before and it looks pretty cool.
It costs $50 on steam, which is expensive since the last 20 games I've bought on Steam combined barely cost that much.

Is it worth it? Make a thread for it please :L

By the way: Torchlight is like Diablo 2 on some mild LSD. Its cool.

As soon as I get it and try I will make a thread, if Hippster doesn't beat me to it.
I remember enjoying playing diablo 2 on shish, so instead of installing it again I shall tyr Torchlight when I get diablo munchies

Originally Posted by Baronet View Post
Assassins creed 2 lol

not an rpg I believe? But tell me is it good?
wishful eyes deceive me
I wont be making a thread about it but I think I would pay $50 for it, I know in shops around here it's worth only $35 so i was surprised to hear it was $50 on steam, it's still worth it though :o.

Also Assassin's Creed 2 is a great game, it's disappointing (to me) compared to the first but i still enjoyed if for about 2 days o_o
Last edited by Hippybob; Dec 30, 2010 at 12:47 PM.
I R IRONMAN
wait, I thought DA2 is not out yet?

You are right. But it comes out January 11, 2011.

it's less than 2 weeks. \o/

Also I started playing the first mass effect 2 days ago and i must say it kicks ass.
Totally recommend it to you.

also, Minecraft. At some points it is better rpg than some rpg games. Only if there would be a mode where you could edit your characters stats.

Any FF, that is sp only, that u recommend?

I Haven't heard of mp Final fantasy game... Though might be that i haven't been searching enough.

Edit:

Mount & blade games! totally should play them.
Last edited by aerox21; Dec 30, 2010 at 02:09 PM.
Want to join GATA?Apply here
Free textures