Ranking
Originally Posted by Gorman View Post
Normal @_@

did u get beaten by the rebels at turn one?
anyway I am still hooked

turn 40, 9 provinces, 3 trading posts,
ninja rank 4,
general rank 4 with an army of 1500: 4 x katana cavalry, 6 x bow samurai, 5 x katana samurai, I think 2 x pike samurai.
This is were things start to become interesting:
towns are undefended
need to lower taxes, exempt from tax some towns that are freshly conquered
army upkeep is eating what I make from trades. I am getting less money than when I had 5 provinces.
My plan is to strengthen economy
Allie with a strong bordering clan
attack weak enemies if any in the next five to 10 turns and than move to slowly to Kyoto in bursts(one burst being: destroy as many towns from a clan in a turn until I destroy the clan/strengthen economy)
God I am loving this game.
Also cool: http://rtw.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/f...&f=10,9006,,10
wishful eyes deceive me
I easily won at normal with Uesugi.Only hard part was when everyone declared war to me(you will see what i mean;) ),and i had the Ashina inside my empire(because we were allied),so was in part unguarded.
For the rest had 0 troubles.
Now started a difficulty campaign with Date,but except the first turns,i'm not having much troubles.
So tried directly to start a legendary campaign,and lost at first turn:i like that you can't save,and the difficulty level on the map is ok.But i think is not possible to play this game without the pause function during the strategic battles.And the main difficulty at "legendary" level is this:is not possible to give commands to unit while are in pause(imo this game was made for use pause during battles.Anyway it is too challenging for me.I search some relax from pc games,don't want to do any "record" or similar things)

Except these problems,imo this game is awesome.
I love even only to see the 1vs1 fights during the battles.My criticism are about the economic buildings:only 2 economic buildings(market and tavern) is ridiculous:i like to distinguish my cities between militar and economic(like in medieval 2),so in some i build only militar buildings,while in others i build only economic buildings.But this mean that after i built market and tavern,i'm obligated to don't care more about that city(in some is really a waste of money to build some military buildings,from the moment these city are really too far from the war front).

I really like the bushido and chi trees,i tried them both,and are both really good:in the Uesugi campaign i raised the Chi tree,and was full of cash(with that i could permit an epic big army of peasant(yari ashigaru and archers),with some elites componed by Naginata and my epic good Uesugi Monk.With the bushido tree(in the second campaign with Date),im not poor(anyway you NEED to upgrade something also from Chi tree),but neither rich,and can recruit Date Warriors No-dachi with 4 experience in 1 turn!
Last edited by bRuCiA; Apr 1, 2011 at 04:43 PM.
Are you interested in my deactivated inventory?
Send a pm to Missuse for trade(NOT TO ME)

and a bump, since this game deserves it

finished my 2nd campaign, his time with Date

a detailed review coming when I wake up
wishful eyes deceive me
I've been playing this with the Shimazu. Unfortunately, running into the Chosokabe early on when the best archers I could get were Ashigaru didn't work out quite so well. Fortunately, I did eventually manage to beat them mostly through Ninja

Also after taking over the Motochika (can't remember the name?) the Shoni spontaneously declared war on me, and we share an Ally who lives between our provinces, making things difficult.