Toribash
If all you do is adapt, then you can never act first.

You need to act strongly, and attempt to nullify any of your opponents attempts before they happen. That way you will be on the attack, and all they can do is react.

Adaptation has its strong points, but these are very aggressive mods.
truly, this is a tough discussion for TB as it deals with something excrutiatingly subjective: game rules.

Judo is pure random. you can predict a streaker's moves, but that's about as far as predicitosn will get you, unless you know the player to have a habitual opener, otherwise, the opener is a matter of luck.

In wushu, you have a lot of room to maneuver and adapt with your opponent's moves, but adaptation requires a certain level of prediction.

Adapting to the other person's moves, however, requires a small delay, which toribash isnt very well suited for in certain game rules, particularly involving many frames per turn (eg, 70). when a turn lasts 10 frames, adaptation is almost the law. more committed turns, 70 frames and upward, require heavy prediction.

Ultimately it all boils down to the game rules and what mod you're using as to how to answer.

IRL, you dont have "locked cadence", you can break cadence and take your opponent by surprise.

Imagine in Judo (70 frames per turn) you set up your sweet opener, and half way through the first turn, your opponent suddenly moves and rips your head off.

yeah, you cant do that in TB, but you can IRL, provided proper fitness levels are true.

Overall, in toribash, it depends on the mod/server as to which is "better" or more effective, and even in the end, a balance of the two is always my favorite way to go.
SuicideDo, the Brewtal Drunken Immortal.
Originally Posted by Gorman View Post
If all you do is adapt, then you can never act first.

You need to act strongly, and attempt to nullify any of your opponents attempts before they happen. That way you will be on the attack, and all they can do is react.

Adaptation has its strong points, but these are very aggressive mods.

In wushu, defense > offense. Don't let noob matches who end on third turn fool you into thinking otherwise.
I agree with the person you spoke to. I do think, however that both mods do require prediction, In my opinion Wushu requires more.
no