Toribash
So what I find as the easiest way to counter a shovel is by switching momentum. What I normally do is I'll twist my body (which makes them loose ground control.) Then I'll force them into a leg grab, but I wont lef them grab with there other hand. By doing this you will successfully which momentum, because you will now have a downward momentum on you and an upward one of him. So instead of him shoveling you out you know are pretty much shoveling him.

Since I know this sounds quiet a bit confusing I'll include this to help you:

http://gyazo.com/a2ca19f0e894cbc4ed10690e119fdd65

Also since the .gif is pretty slow and crappy I'll include the actual replay at the bottom.
Attached Files
Basic Idea Counter Shovel.rpl (19.4 KB, 15 views)
[JollyR] [Ct] |Event Squad| (Au) [xp]
Pill || Calamity || Dropkick || Jere
Define it, do yo uwant to counter it b4 it started? or in air?
cause i can do both lol

So when youre being lifted ( how i counter it)
All i do is jsut let him lift me, i extend all of my upper body.I relax all of my lower body including abs. i wait for like 2 turns, or maybe one, depends how fast it is. then i midair knee him, all i do is raise shoulders, contract your elbows and wrists, Extend both pecs and use contract both knees and extend the hip with which you dont want to hit and contract the hip with which one you want to hit with (relax your knees ) optional. Also you have to rotate your chest to the side of the leg that yo uwant to hit with. Boom. Dm 90% of the time.

Know how to counter them b4 you get lifted.
raise both your shoulders contract elbows and wrists, extend both pecs umm... rotate your chest to the side your gonna use your leg with. then contract the hip to the side you rotated your chest to contract that knee,extend both ankles, extend the other hip, and extend the knee. For me it works like 60% of the time

*I'm not a perfect lift/shovel blocker, so dont blame me if they dont work
kty <3

-----
Also, hope this helps
Last edited by Zexah; Jun 2, 2015 at 09:01 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
If he does that common contract pecs lower shoulders opener, aim for one shoulder and try to fracture it. dm'ing it is better works every time
-----
i do this opener on shovelers >
Attached Files
sumthin liek dis.rpl (22.1 KB, 13 views)
Last edited by Lust; Jun 2, 2015 at 09:28 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
aaaaAAaaAasaaadABabababalnandàas2
I sometimes dont get lifted since i lift a lot.

hold all
raise BOTH shoulders
extend BOTH pecs
contract BOTH wrists

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toribash Season 1 Rank 3 | Ex-ES Artist | Ex-Mascot of [Alpha]
CLAN LEAGUE 2019 WINNER
Originally Posted by Karstnator View Post
I sometimes dont get lifted since i lift a lot.

hold all
raise BOTH shoulders
extend BOTH pecs
contract BOTH wrists

That's what I do a lot of the time when someone is just beginning to start a lift.
"Valt, no offence but i'm better than all of nitro apart from maybe azzeff who's around the same..." -Verzox 2015
Mostly since there arms are in on most shovel starters, if you grab both arms with enough force you can dm them
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I BET YOU WANT TO STEAL MY BEAUTIFUL ADAMANTIUM MUSTACHE AND MY FONT. WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE EITHER OF THEM!... WELL MAYBE THE FONT BUT GO DIE! THIS IS IN CAPS FOR NO REASON, SO SHUT YOUR YAPPER YOUNG MAN WHO IS OLDER THAN ME. BECAUSE I SAID SO I CAN PUT BECAUSE IN THE START OF A SENTENCE. OH, YOU DIDN'T KNOW THAT WAS A GRAMMAR RULE? WELL GO BACK TO ELEMENTARY SCHOOL.