Toribash
Originally Posted by Fear View Post
What would you replace ringen with then? I included it so there was a non-standard mod mixed in with the familiar faces - perhaps it could be swapped out for a weapon mod or some other non-standard mod. Or it could be removed entirely?

Add
taekkyon
Very high skill celling mod.
“Aaah rum zum zum aaah rum zum zum booly booly booly booly booly rum zum zum”
Erthtk is already in the rotation, not to mention tk is extremely unpopular outside of its dedicated circles. There's a general feeling that the mod isn't fun at all when tryharding.

Judofrac could be cool, however?
i'd like to see judofrac and maybe some variation of a wushu mod (like wushu3dome-tbm wushu2015.tbm)

but i dont think wushu is very popular :[

other then that i got nothing to add
Pidda's spirit animal
Originally Posted by Kazu View Post
i'd like to see judofrac and maybe some variation of a wushu mod (like wushu3dome-tbm wushu2015.tbm)

but i dont think wushu is very popular :[

other then that i got nothing to add

I would like to see wushu, no one plays it anymore and it would be nice to see it return.
What about ninjutsu? Thats the mod I'm best at and I'd love to see it in the 5k tourney
Plottin' on me! They're plottin' on me!
DropKick | R.I.P. [JollyR] | [RelaxAll]
A bit bummed out by reaction to ringen4, though it's not that surprising. It's vastly different from your run of the mill mods. Sometimes I feel like people just want a supply of familiar aikido/TK/lenshu clones, forever.

But, no, you don't "just hug til you fall over" in ringen unless you don't know what you're doing. Attached are some examples of how you're supposed to play the mod, in case someone cares.

If people don't like it then you should probably take it out. Maybe add murden_5 that I just uploaded (sturdier limbs, less points for wrist hits, 3 extra frames dq timeout). Or maybe pillar_of_ghosts.
Attached Files
trip.rpl (54.7 KB, 4 views)
throw4.rpl (60.5 KB, 4 views)
carry.rpl (65.2 KB, 4 views)
throw_counter.rpl (87.5 KB, 4 views)
throw3.rpl (60.2 KB, 4 views)
Last edited by Odlov; Oct 7, 2016 at 01:26 AM.
I agree with odlov if you truly know what up you're doing in ringen its actually a good fight
Plottin' on me! They're plottin' on me!
DropKick | R.I.P. [JollyR] | [RelaxAll]