Ranking
probably did the gameboy so people could try it with something old and crap so people knew that it didnt mess anything up (mabey not just a suggesstion)
What does this hack do exactly? I watched the video but don't understand. It let's you pirate games, burn em, and play them?
"Can't see California with Marlon Brando's eyes"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"She isn't real.... Can't make her real"
no, it allows homebrew applications

quote from wiki

Homebrew is a term frequently applied to video games or other software produced by consumers to target proprietary hardware platforms not typically user-programmable or that use proprietary storage methods. This might include games developed with official development kits, such as Net Yaroze or Linux for PlayStation 2. Some more frequently used labels, such as freeware, are often applied as well. A popular type of homebrew game is the fangame. In Japan, these games are usually called "Dōjin soft".

he also explains in the video that it doesnt support piracy and only homebrew applications

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homebre...#PlayStation_3 link to the site to read more.
Originally Posted by fistfury View Post
What does this hack do exactly? I watched the video but don't understand. It let's you pirate games, burn em, and play them?

On Geohot's custom firmware he puts measures in place or something to make sure you can NOT do this. The main point of this hack is just to run unsigned code. Basically, make your own applications.
So if it lets you run homebrew... then somebody could potentially develop a custom firmware for it, run from the game menu like a homebrew game, yes? Something like the hacked updates on the PSP.
Also everyone knows that no one's going to get custom firmware just for the homebrew :P
cool but absolutely useless to the average ps3 player like my self.
took long enough and some people said it was un hackable but hey ...

ps3 J-Tags coming soon?
I wouldn't mind having a buttload of emulators on my PS3, if I had one. Unfortunately, I updated my PSP past homebrew possibilities (6.35 or something)

If I could JB it, I would :/
Thanks.
Originally Posted by Toast View Post
cool but absolutely useless to the average ps3 player like my self.
took long enough and some people said it was un hackable but hey ...

ps3 J-Tags coming soon?

This is basically a ps3 jtag bro. They both allow the same thing in essence, the ability to run our own code. I have hosted multiple MW2 lobbies, a number of mods (Instant 712 in demon's souls woooo) for bros. Hell if anyone wants it I'll host lobbies for you all.