Toribash
Originally Posted by azzeffir23 View Post
Valve made only CS, TF, Dota and Half-Life games... Not so hard to choose the one you like.

Well, did valve actually make any of them or did they just buy IP that already existed?

Half life they did, but the rest no.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
They actually made cs tf and dota 2
[duck] 01101000 01101001 01110000 01101111 01110100 01101001 01100010 01101111 01110010
Originally Posted by Juhizz View Post
They actually made cs tf and dota 2

I don't think that's true. All 3 of them were mods that valve then ported. CS and TF were both Half-Life mods, dota was a wc3 mod.

As far as I know the only original games they ended up making were Portal and Half-life.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
Originally Posted by ImmortalPig View Post
I don't think that's true. All 3 of them were mods that valve then ported. CS and TF were both Half-Life mods, dota was a wc3 mod.

As far as I know the only original games they ended up making were Portal and Half-life.

Portal was a concept by another game company that Valve expanded on.

CS was a mod of Half-life, but from the mod they have heavily developed on it, improving it, and making it their own.

dota was originally a collection of a shit ton of warcraft mods, that later bred "Dota allstars" or some shit.

Tf classic was based off a quake mod back in 96'.

And so on and so forth.

The important thing to note, they dont just buy the idea, the often hire the lead modders (if there are more than one) to help develop it. So while I agree it's not there original concept, they promote the people who did create it by giving them a job. So the games are made by valve, in one way or another.
Last edited by RAWWRH; Nov 7, 2015 at 06:17 AM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Welp the only thing i can say is...

VOTE GABEN FOR PRESIDENT (if he runs for president that is)

XD
Last edited by Sc1ence01; Nov 8, 2015 at 03:00 AM.
Weirdest Tori in Toribash
<Diuwaybuns> Toribash is unprotected sex