Endurance Onslaught 6.0
XII was complete garbage. The main character who ironically no one liked was too much of a vagina to even be the obligatory spiky-haired youngster world-saving hero. The secondary characters pushed him out of the story completely. It wasn't even his adventure, it's just you playing as some annoying, failed comic relief twat along for the ride.

I'll have to agree with that. Still, you can't take away from the good world they set up, Ivalice. And the battle system isn't all that bad.

Originally Posted by dbuhos View Post
All of them were epic fail in mine opinion,and YOU can't change this.

...why? Just curious on your thoughts about Final Fantasy. I'd like you to be more constructive on that thought, if you could.
Originally Posted by dbuhos View Post
All of them were epic fail in mine opinion,and YOU can't change this.

I respect you opinion, but may i ask why?
Leader of ORMO||Property of [T]||A replay thread
Bah I <3 all the series till 8, FF9 was too uhmmmm "chibi" for me..

And fighting omega weapon in FF5 is a fucking masohizm

FF2 was IMBA like hell, you took wrong way from first town and you got uberly owned by map monsters (LOLOLOL)
<evil> srsly people forgot that most part of toribash community is douchebags... lead by shin
final fantasy was the type of game where you got rewarded for putting in hours of time in it

case and point final fantasy 6. you get the most kickass ending scene that featured ALL playable characters. it was half an hour long, and left no hanging plots and was masterfully directed (even when it was just 2d sprites)

I cried, I laughed, I got really pissed off at the villains, I felt frustration, I felt satisfaction. That is what a game should make you feel...

Explosions and gore are all fun in their own right, but I want a little more orchestrated drama sometimes in my games. Final Fantasy gave me that..... oh yeah and Chrono trigger too... but thats beside the point
From what I've noticed. If one plays FFVII on, they love those games and hate the preceeding. If one plays FFVI and under first, there is a somewhat opposite effect. Maybe some built up bias for the game you were captivated by first (that or maybe some sort of 3d/2d bias)?

Generally the debate is always between FFVII and FFVI being the best. I personally fall under the second boat.

I don't see how one could possibly consider it (FFVI) a bad game without the bias factor. I also wouldn't regard it as drawn out, when you consider the majority of play time is optional (the second half). And regarding ridiculous storylines, I don't see how FFVI's (or any other Final Fantasy's) story is any more "ridiculous" than that of FFVIIs. The later Final Fantasy's somehow made giant swords, meteor summoning magic, and riding giant yellow ostriches perfectly normal?

What amazed me in FFVI was the large amount of character that still were given their own character story development, back story, theme, and personality. I still consider it the better story.

Originally Posted by RedDevil View Post
FFXI, it's an online title, can't really rate it, seeing as I never played it.

Basically, FFXI was like a beta for FFXII's combat system. The story within the game was surprisingly good and well thought out in each expansion.

As always, soundtracks were great.

Biggest downside in it was that nearly EVERYTHING required a group. In some ways this was an enjoyable factor of the game. In other ways it could make simply gaining experience points a 5 hour ordeal depending on how desired your class was (in some cases could take a few days of seeking to get a group).
Last edited by lancer_c; Aug 30, 2009 at 05:54 PM.
Although i prefer legend of the dragoon due to better combat, storyline, graphics, secret bosses, minigames and pretty much everything else, I loved the ff series.
I have played FF1, 2, VII, VIII, and IX so far. Out of those, I consider the best 2 to be VII and VIII. I personally loved the stories in both games and still play them now because I think the story is better than the story in some recently released games.

In FFVII, I can agree that it can be a little far fetched, but back when it was released there wasn't a big push of "this game has the be realistic". The games were just made ti be fun, and FFVII accomplished that.

About FFVIII, I have to agree with what Red said in his first post here.
Originally Posted by RedDevil View Post
FFVIII was one of the best, too, in my opinion, because of the EVEN BETTER graphics, clearly one of the PSX's best. Good characterization, and a good story until the 4th disc, where everything becomes a sudden mind fuck and the story kind of loses sense. The lack of MP made me cringe, but the magic system was fun. It also had the best mini-game on the FF series so far, Triple Triad.

that sums up my opinion.

The one thing that all FF games have in common is the beautiful soundtracks.
Read the Market Rules
In #Support: [19:53] <@firebolty> StileCheat: Did you try this?: would you lick onima's pussy clean for 10,000 dollars
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The only one I really enjoyed was FF VIII. Maybe because it wasn't as childish as the others I've seen.
"There is enough on earth for everybody's need, but not for everyone's greed." - Mohandas Gandhi