Toribash
Today was a fast day, my average on an usual day is around 190

time average 5 tries

The reaction time average for a professional 100m runner is 153ms (A top level athlete), Anything below 100 is just a guess. Nothing to do with actual reactions.
The highest I personally know of is actually my CSGO teams AWPer, who has an insane 150-160ms average.
Last edited by cowmeat; May 27, 2016 at 05:50 PM.
Originally Posted by cowmeat View Post
The reaction time average for a professional 100m runner is 153ms (A top level athlete), Anything below 100 is just a guess. Nothing to do with actual reactions.
The highest I personally know of is actually my CSGO teams AWPer, who has an insane 150-160ms average.

reaction time is trained, running has not much to do with clicking a mouse when the screen turns color.
Originally Posted by GnilRettemHC View Post
reaction time is trained, running has not much to do with clicking a mouse when the screen turns color.

Firstly, for sprinters reaction time is super important. The difference of lets say 50ms, is in the end meaningfull when it's a 100 meter race. 100ms is considered a false start beyond human capabilities.
So if you try to say to me with a straight face that you can do 40ms you should call Guiness book of records since 101ms is the fastest reaction time ever measured (at least from what I googled).
Sure you can guess and get a 40ms on the screen but that doesn't mean anything.
Last edited by cowmeat; May 27, 2016 at 07:51 PM.
Firstly, for sprinters reaction time is super important. The difference of lets say 50ms, is in the end meaningfull when it's a 100 meter race. 100ms is considered a false start beyond human capabilities.
So if you try to say to me with a straight face that you can do 40ms you should call Guiness book of records since 101ms is the fastest reaction time ever measured (at least from what I googled).
Sure you can guess and get a 40ms on the screen but that doesn't mean anything.

afaik there's no such thing as general 'reaction time', it's all related specifically to a set of stimuli and reaction. Reacting to a starter gun puff of smoke and then starting to run is definitely not the same as reacting to a green color and clicking a mouse. Maybe you can't start running a meaningful amount in 100ms but you can definitely click a button.

If you think 101 is the highest ever measured then maybe check the website in OP where the fastest is faster than that...

People pick mid doors every game, and that's less than 100ms... 40ms in ideal circumstances is good enough to pick mid doors ingame (which is something like 80ms iirc). If you play cs you should at least know that much.
afaik there's no such thing as general 'reaction time', it's all related specifically to a set of stimuli and reaction. Reacting to a starter gun puff of smoke and then starting to run is definitely not the same as reacting to a green color and clicking a mouse. Maybe you can't start running a meaningful amount in 100ms but you can definitely click a button.

If you think 101 is the highest ever measured then maybe check the website in OP where the fastest is faster than that...

People pick mid doors every game, and that's less than 100ms... 40ms in ideal circumstances is good enough to pick mid doors ingame (which is something like 80ms iirc). If you play cs you should at least know that much.

Firstly, the mid door in dust is like 250ms, not 40 or 80ms. I'm Global elite at cs so in that regard I know what I'm talking about. Now if you want to argue that people can (the worlds fastest reactor in this case) do lets say 24ms (which is only 16ms higher than what you say you can do) then lets put that to perspective. You know those subliminal 1frame messages in a video? In a 24fps video youd be able to stop the clip at the same frame as the subliminal message came, just as the frame was about to change. Now does that sound like any human could do that?

And sure, I've gotten 15ms in reaction time test, but that was just guessing, not reacting.
Just in case you are wondering, here is what that would look like in real life. Someone able to stop the video in the same frame as that image flashes. And not by guessing it, but the first time and consistently afterwards.

https://vid.me/vapC

Also here is the calculation for the dust doors
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrw2Cn9bEzY

https://backyardbrains.com/experiments/reactiontime

Pretty easy and fun read made simple.
But as you can see here, audio stimuli (170ms average) is actually faster than visual stimuli (250ms average). The average human touch reaction time is 150ms, and you can say you can do 40ms visually (average being 250ms).

You are plain wrong, nothing more.
Last edited by cowmeat; May 27, 2016 at 09:15 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
You are GE and you play 24fps? @_@ Or are you spouting meaningless facts? In your shitty video I can click within 1 frame of the picture, and yes it's plainly visible. So I guess I'm a life hacker or something, it's not like humans have the ability to learn.........

I don't know about you but MM isn't lan............... With 80ms ping then you have 240-80-80=80ms which is where "you need 80ms to pick mid". Of course if you play with 0ms ping then sure you have a lot more time........................ But nice meme channel hurr durr no closer right?

Catching a ruler is not the same as clicking a mouse, the difference between a red and green screen are greater than between a moving and not moving ruler... It's not the same thing end of story.

The average human can run the 100m in what, 25s? Therefore everyone who even qualifies for the olympics is just plain wrong, right? Come on mate, maybe you need to learn what averages are before you reply again XD XD XD
You are GE and you play 24fps? @_@ Or are you spouting meaningless facts? In your shitty video I can click within 1 frame of the picture, and yes it's plainly visible.

I don't know about you but MM isn't lan............... With 80ms ping then you have 240-80-80=80ms which is where "you need 80ms to pick mid". Of course if you play with 0ms ping then sure you have a lot more time.

The average human can run the 100m in what, 25s? Therefore everyone who even qualifies for the olympics is just plain wrong, right?

I have gotten succesfully trolled, you got me.

I'm still going to answer because Im dumb.
If you are trying to say that you can stop the video while the image is still on consistently with reactions I don't know what to say to that.
Ms in CS doesn't matter since hit recognition is client sided. MS matters to how fast you give the information about the hit to the server, hit reg is 100% client sided.
And no I play at around 200fps full HD since that's my graphics cards max.
The 24fps demo was to show the speed of 24ms reaction time, since 1frame is 24ms in a 24fps video.
And no, 100m is usually arond 10s.

1 9.58 +0.9 Usain Bolt JAM 21.08.86 1 Berlin 16.08.2009
2 9.63 +1.5 Usain Bolt JAM 21.08.86 1 London 05.08.2012
3 9.69 ±0.0 Usain Bolt JAM 21.08.86 1 Beijing 16.08.2008
3 9.69 +2.0 Tyson Gay USA 09.08.82 1 Shanghai 20.09.2009
3 9.69 -0.1 Yohan Blake JAM 26.12.89 1 Lausanne 23.08.2012

these being the fastest ones. All of them with higher than a 100ms reaction time.

Now I'm done trying to argue with you.
Last edited by cowmeat; May 27, 2016 at 10:33 PM.
I have gotten succesfully trolled, you got me.

I'm still going to answer because Im dumb.
If you are trying to say that you can stop the video while the image is still on consistently with reactions I don't know what to say to that.
Ms in CS doesn't matter since hit recognition is client sided. MS matters to how fast you give the information about the hit to the server, hit reg is 100% client sided.
And no I play at around 200fps full HD since that's my graphics cards max.
The 24fps demo was to show the speed of 24ms reaction time, since 1frame is 24ms in a 24fps video.
And no, 100m is usually arond 10s.

1 9.58 +0.9 Usain Bolt JAM 21.08.86 1 Berlin 16.08.2009
2 9.63 +1.5 Usain Bolt JAM 21.08.86 1 London 05.08.2012
3 9.69 ±0.0 Usain Bolt JAM 21.08.86 1 Beijing 16.08.2008
3 9.69 +2.0 Tyson Gay USA 09.08.82 1 Shanghai 20.09.2009
3 9.69 -0.1 Yohan Blake JAM 26.12.89 1 Lausanne 23.08.2012

these being the fastest ones. All of them with higher than a 100ms reaction time.

Now I'm done trying to argue with you.

Out of world class sprinters it is 10s, that's right. So what is this bullshit about "250ms is average"? You know that everyone in this thread has already scored faster than average right? So why even spout it? Even in CS an "average" awper will be nailing sub 150ms shots at least. Back in my day of quake 3 I know a lot of pros were sub 100ms "in general" (that is, not in a simple constrained situation like "click button when it goes green"), I know some guys like tox and stermy were much faster. I will grant you that in a casual shooter like CS it's a lot more low skill, but still I think that your claims are absurd.......

When you say "hit detection is clientside" you are being purposefully misleading. Yes, the client does do hit detection. But it is 100% meaningless. The server independently runs hit detection on the cached tick, so whether you hit or not on the clientside is independent to whether or not you ACTUALLY score a hit. You should be able to see this very clearly because blood splats are generated from the server - so go shoot someone and notice the time lag between you shooting, and the splat showing up. This is the same delay if you were to actually kill them - surely you have noticed that when you tap there is a short delay before the kill is registered?! This delay is 2 x your ping (client sends hit packet to server -> server compares data to cached tick -> server sends update of game state back to client -> client sees 'oh I hit!'). How you can be GE without knowing basics like this? I assume you have very good ping if you can't notice this intuitively.........

(FYI "full HD" is a video mode, I think you mean to say "1920x1080" which is a resolution, they aren't interchangeable just so you know...)

And incase you didn't know "24fps" means "24 frames per second" which means 1000/24 =~ 42ms per frame...
24*24 = 576 and I'm pretty sure there isn't 576 milliseconds in a second - but hey what do I know, the metric system is wacky right?