Toribash
Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
Issac is taking this discussion where I was hoping it would go. I really like that thought..about free will being only but an illusion drawn by the mind.

determinism.png

It's actually a calculaic concept if you think about it.
Ancient [Evil]
if there was a human being that knew the exact location and speed of every particle in the universe he would be able to know the future. although that's pretty determinist, I still think that we still feel satisfaction/disappointment/frustration/x emotion as a result of whatever decision we make, as if what I said in the beggining of the post wasn't true or we weren't aware of it. so while I do believe that determinism is a thing, I also believe that it's not that relevant because we don't take it into account most of the time and still feel responsible for ourselves and our decisions because we see it's consequences ourselves.
Last edited by pusga; Jan 9, 2014 at 09:19 PM.
oh yeah
Originally Posted by MintCat View Post
if your 'god' created life, then he's evidently evil.

until someone can prove that an almighty being did not create the universe, people can choose to believe whatever they want to believe. if you believe that a big explosion created the universe you can choose to believe that, because no one has proven or disproved that, just like no one has really proven or disproved god, because it is impossible to scientifically test if such a being is real and could have created life.

in terms of discussing free will and fate, i think we have free will. whether or not a big man in the sky created us, if we didn't have free will i would have to think that we have no control over our lives whatsoever, in which case someone is probably controlling me typing this message right now. i don't think things are fated to happen though. the only thing that goes through with the definition of fate is the fact that we are all mortal and will die some day. that is the only aspect of life that is really fate. other than that i don't see anything else that just happens without our control along the lines of our personal actions.

you can choose to believe whatever you want though, 'cause all we know about this stuff are theories
teeth marks on my goosebumps, the chains frostbit me.
i believe in free will i can choose not to do something or to do something. say i go to the park and get shot my choice to go to the park but if i stayed home i wouldent get shot you get what im saying?
[Nitro] motherf*ckas
I sometimes question wether It is FATE making me do some things like when I badly hurt myself I always say "Why would you do that God!?" In my head. It could be your fate to disagree with your fate...So when you are going to the park and you change your mind, maybe that was what was meant to happen!
blue
pink
Essentially, I do believe in free will. Fate, not so much. Here's the only point I was trying to make. If God has planned out the course of humanity, and regardless of what we do, whatever he wants will happen. If this happens to be true, why do we make the decisions that we make? In our own minds, we might think that we're making our own choices, but what's the point if everything regarding humanity remains the same?
What I'm doing here, is looking at the big picture. Why make the choices we make if the overall turnout of humanity remains the same and we have no control over it (if the universe is planned by some greater being)? I can choose to put a 9mm bullet through my head at this very moment (I won't). But even if I did, it wouldn't change how this world ends.
| [AC] | Replays | Order of Taekkyon |