Toribash
Originally Posted by War_Hero View Post
Doesn't it say to immediately stone any heretics?

America and most of the world have pretty much just wiped that comepletly out.
most of the tradition's from the Bible Have never been caried out in our time.
- > - > ORMO | 7th dan < - < -
<Muse> hush little kronos, dont you cry, Muse is gonna sing you a lullaby
Stoning was abolished because it went against the ten commandments.

Most of early religion(All of them) is filled with hypocrisy and things that generally don't make sense.

I.e.: Religion from bible =/= religion today
i liek turtelz xd
well my family is a big group of christians including my wife. Unfortunately I'm the only non-believer in my circle. I always feel pressure from everyone to become christain. they believe one day I will come to my senses. I hate that kind of feeling... but my wife doesn't bother me as much so that's okay, let them old folks think they know everything...
PigeonHive Flap Buzz
I am a Big part of my community at home.

I but I slowly nudge people and try to get Deap into there fealings.
I won a scholarship at my school(Dallas Christian) for $15,000 for asking on of my teachers a question about life and she told the head of the school and wall-a I get a plaque and $15,000.

I also think fear is a big part in christianity. most people don't do it because of the people or welcoming but being afraid of the end.
- > - > ORMO | 7th dan < - < -
<Muse> hush little kronos, dont you cry, Muse is gonna sing you a lullaby
Originally Posted by jaredvcxz View Post
Stoning was abolished because it went against the ten commandments.

Most of early religion(All of them) is filled with hypocrisy and things that generally don't make sense.

I.e.: Religion from bible =/= religion today

I don't think thats true because straight after God gave Moses the ten commandments, he passed laws that if people commit a sin (can't remember exactly which one) the community is to stone them, so yeah ? You will find al that stuff in Exodus and Leviticus.
Originally Posted by TomPaine View Post
well my family is a big group of christians

Same here. I have a massive family, and every single one of them is Christian. Before I became an Atheist, I was a Christian just like them. And like them, I didn't question shit and just went with it as pure fact, which they continue to do. I actually enjoy breaking from my family's hivemind though.
>>The Official Guv'na Fan Club<<
o7[OLDA] pride, world wide o7

He who was the butt of the joke reserves no right to say "that wasn't funny."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Originally Posted by Odlov View Post
A fetus which has about as much brain cells as a potato and doesn't feel pain =/= a baby. Prior to 23 weeks that's what a fetus is.
All you are killing is potential, just like when you masturbate.

Although a good deal of christians think soul emerges when spermatozoa enters the egg, so i digress.

Odlov that doesn't mean it's right to kill it. There are certain ways to kill a person without causing pain, does that make it right?
yungmoney has just robbed your bank account for 18 toricredits
Originally Posted by footside View Post
Odlov that doesn't mean it's right to kill it. There are certain ways to kill a person without causing pain, does that make it right?

Sigh....

*sips some chamomile tea*

See, again, you are comparing a fetus to a developed human being.
At what point does a lump of cells that results from daddy's sperm and mommy's egg become a 'full human'? It takes time. How much time could be argued. I think being conscious and feeling pain are rather good prerequisites, and those don't occur prior to 20-24th week of development. Until that lump possesses those traits it may as well have been a potato that you throw away. Do you mourn your sperm when you rub one out? Of course not.
Last edited by Odlov; Oct 7, 2009 at 02:57 AM.
Originally Posted by Odlov View Post
Sigh....

*sips some chamomile tea*

See, again, you are comparing a fetus to a developed human being.
At what point does a lump of cells that results from daddy's sperm and mommy's egg become a 'full human'? It takes time. How much time could be argued. I think being conscious and feeling pain are rather good prerequisites, and those don't occur prior to 20-24th week of development. Until that lump possesses those traits it may as well have been a potato that you throw away. Do you mourn your sperm when you rub one out? Of course not.

LOL again im pissing myself
Oh look, it's this thread again.

Thank you Odlov, keep doing what you do, I know I'd rather not have to do it.
[Inq]
Need help with anything? Have a question? PM me! I'll try my best to help you.