Toribash
skeetshots for sure.Like how to make a skeet with much power so it can dm another bodypart or something like that.
Hmm...
Personally, i'd like to know the average/range measure of time it takes to make a certain replay decent, if it's not too much to ask.
Im not sure how you'd get the data (polls for this kind of thing are usually abused) for this, but im just asking for a bland display of statistics.
Having this available to inspired replay makers would give them a feel of how long it would take to make one of these works of art.

Example:

But then again, I realize that this would be near impossible to make, considering all the factors in a replay (DM, time frames, gravity, etc.).
And it's kind of wrong to put a time-restraint type of thing on replays, so this would be nothing but a simple view of average-time data.
Im just saying that this would be a cool thing to have.
Last edited by firebolty; Jun 8, 2011 at 10:21 PM.
BAD LUCK
Maybe some basic stuff for the new people.
Also, some tips from known replay makers.
[Fr3styL]|TNT|Rooyall: Wanna smell my dick? Me: Why not? Rooyall: That's what I ask the girls all the time..
I wanna learn a few techniques to boomhits on the groin area, and mid-air DM's
<Bubbyzane> As a 16 year old, Canadian, cKy fan, and a gamer, I can honestly say I know the exact definition of cool.
You should cover, where to hit for booms, or how to make a good ending pose.
\o\ | ORMO | OSHI | OLDA | [duck] | Team Canada | Maple Syrup United | Team Philippines | [UssR] | Anime United | /o/
You gotta teach the newer guys how to develop their own style. Introduce to them the components of replay making and let them pick out the components, work with them, and build their own style. We all have our own style, and it evolved from that hold all noob clap.

Also, me being a more advancedish replay maker, reading tuts helps me out to a degree, but what I really want to know is the history of replay making. That would be boss if you could cover that.
<Jaker> fucking yes , the black anal fetish fetus , :-* love ya .. btw i love how your teehts are touching my *PIEP* when you do a blowjob <3
I LOVE YOU :-*
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Leader of [l]|ORMO Recruiter|BISH|[WTU]|[ETC]|Replays|[TGS]|
Imo it would be best if some replay collector could upload archives of the best and most interesting replay-makers from toribash. Or at least some of their best work.

You can't really learn from anything except practice and maybe getting a few ideas/hints from better replays.

Also the opener challanges are a good way to build up your skills in a way, so maybe if somebody could post them all ( most notably those lost during the hack) and would include the winning replays. I know it definitely helped me improve from a certain point and maybe it can do the same for others.
First article has been written and posted: Why boomhits aren't everything in a replay

Please keep comments and discussion on the article in the linked thread, not in this one!