Toribash
The artists has a lot to say about the price because he's the first seller of it. And based on that price, the re-sells will be determined mostly. Also I wasn't referring to this in my previous post.

And that's not true. If an artists makes good textures he becomes well known, at least to some degree above the "underground" stage.
Originally Posted by Zalmoxis View Post
in order of price its: organic > robotic > human > cartoon > tribal

disagree.

Organic/realism has the potential to get the highest.
also most often the ones that look the worst when done badly.

Tribal is horribly under-rated, if done properly can be worth as much as a good organic. the problem is that there arent many tribal artists on the forum, so the reputation has been marred to be easy and not worth much.

cartoon and robotic are so over done that theyr practically worthless.
cartoon stuff needs to progress into comic to be worth anything, and a good comic texture is worth as much as the best organic/realism stuff.
see monobi and chris, for example.
monobi's stuff is often not realistic, and chris's stuff hardly counts as cartoon anymore.

robotic has to be exceptional to stand out. and even then, its all been done befor.

Style or genre has nothing to do with the price.
its the quality of the piece that decides it.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
I'm talking about the decent and above decent ones. Only a few have good organics and they are the most expensive textures on the market.

I agree with the tribals. But they are the cheapest because of the very low demand ( and almost nobody does them in consequence).

I agree with the robotic and cartoons being overdone, but the demand for them is huge ( 95% of the forum). So these are the prices you set the bar to.

And style is important for the price, but it's not the first variable in determining the price of a texture and that's why I put it last on the list from the previous page. Don't get me wrong I'm not discussing which style is better from an artistic point of view, just from a marketing one.
How you determine a price of a head?

Artist usually plays the most important role nowadays ( the more famous the artist, the more expensive his stuff gets sold for). After that comes quality, design, resolution, style ( in order of price its: organic > robotic > human > cartoon > tribal). But sometimes quality trumps artist in this list so it's not set in stone.

I don't think that's true(50 - 50).I rarely see some artist that came out from nowhere with a high quality head texture,and it's made by them.In fact,they sold it for a price a little higher than what it should be.But the thing that changed what I think about this is that this.Was opened for about 2 weeks already,it is supposed to be dead by now.But there are still 7 people wanting to buy it.

Originally Posted by BenDover View Post
disagree.

Organic/realism has the potential to get the highest.
also most often the ones that look the worst when done badly.

Tribal is horribly under-rated, if done properly can be worth as much as a good organic. the problem is that there arent many tribal artists on the forum, so the reputation has been marred to be easy and not worth much.

cartoon and robotic are so over done that theyr practically worthless.
cartoon stuff needs to progress into comic to be worth anything, and a good comic texture is worth as much as the best organic/realism stuff.
see monobi and chris, for example.
monobi's stuff is often not realistic, and chris's stuff hardly counts as cartoon anymore.

robotic has to be exceptional to stand out. and even then, its all been done befor.

Style or genre has nothing to do with the price.
its the quality of the piece that decides it.

So,you're saying that the quality of the head determines the price.But....Let me give you an example:
Bob has a Cartoon set where it's quality is only 6/10
Jib has a Robot set where it's quality is only 9/10
Bob's set was sold for 70,000TCs while Jib's set was only sold for 40,000.
I seen this happened before,the price is not true,I only remembered that the Cartoon set's price was higher than the Robot set's.Or is the demand changing every time,like 80% of the people wore white shirts 2 weeks ago,but now 90% of the people wore black shirts.Is it changing?

I'm talking about the decent and above decent ones. Only a few have good organics and they are the most expensive textures on the market.

I agree with the tribals. But they are the cheapest because of the very low demand ( and almost nobody does them in consequence).

I agree with the robotic and cartoons being overdone, but the demand for them is huge ( 95% of the forum). So these are the prices you set the bar to.

And style is important for the price, but it's not the first variable in determining the price of a texture and that's why I put it last on the list from the previous page. Don't get me wrong I'm not discussing which style is better from an artistic point of view, just from a marketing one.

So...Higher Demand > Higher Price?Like that?
Originally Posted by JiBaiLanJiao View Post
I don't think that's true(50 - 50).I rarely see some artist that came out from nowhere with a high quality head texture,and it's made by them.In fact,they sold it for a price a little higher than what it should be.But the thing that changed what I think about this is that this.Was opened for about 2 weeks already,it is supposed to be dead by now.But there are still 7 people wanting to buy it.

Look at Monobi. His heads are worth 100k+, when they should really be worth around 80k or so, in my opinion. That dude makes fantastic heads and is a legend. If somebody new were to make a head like his it would only be worth around 70k. It's all about being able to say "I have a Monobi head" or a BenDover set, or whatever. That tag of the artist, that style, gives the head so much more worth.

Originally Posted by JiBaiLanJiao
So...Higher Demand > Higher Price?Like that?

That's basic economic laws for ya.

That's why things like gaming consoles are so much when they come out. When ps3 came out ALLLL sony kids wanted one and they spent 500-600 on it. That was when demand was high. Now the stragglers are getting ps3s for 250-300, when the demand is much lower.
Well basically Jim covered it ^

I said I was referring to decent and above decent textures, not ugly spam. That's another story, there it doesn't matter who made the set, what style it is and sometimes it doesn't matter the resolution. I don't really get why people buy that stuff so I dk.

So,you're saying that the quality of the head determines the price.But....Let me give you an example:
Bob has a Cartoon set where it's quality is only 6/10
Jib has a Robot set where it's quality is only 9/10
Bob's set was sold for 70,000TCs while Jib's set was only sold for 40,000.
I seen this happened before,the price is not true,I only remembered that the Cartoon set's price was higher than the Robot set's.Or is the demand changing every time,like 80% of the people wore white shirts 2 weeks ago,but now 90% of the people wore black shirts.Is it changing?

Yes, the trends to change quite often. But cartoon sets are never sold for more than 100-150k while robotics go for 200-300k and above ( I'm talking about the really good stuff). Also if a robotic was sold for 40k it means that it was bad, and the cartoon was much better.